Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tyre Width for 819 rims?
  • villageidiot
    Free Member

What tyre widths do you guys use on Mavic 819 rims ? I’m going to give Maxxis High Rollers a go and need to decide between 2.35 or 2.5. I know their sizes are a bit narrower just a bit concerned about the tyre rolling over on the rim. Bike is a light build Heckler if it makes any difference.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

2.3 is usually quoted, i think from the website, have used 2.4 Conti’s no problems though.

guitarhero
    Free Member

used to run a 2.5 high roller on my 819 with no problems

matt_bl
    Free Member

I’m running spesh 2.3s at the moment. They seem pretty wide by comparison to some and they are no problem.

Matt

scruff
    Free Member

If you have a light build then is there any point using 2.5s? It may make sense on a HT but IMO you dont need big tyres on a heckler, even in rocky places. And they will drag like wet tar.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Used Conti 2.5 Diesels on mine for a while, though they were a bit tight in the Yeti’s rear stays! Generally I stick to 2.3/2.35 ish and never had a problem 🙂

villageidiot
    Free Member

I’m currently using Conti Vertical Pros but they just seem to have no grip wet or dry and wanted to try another brand and High Rollers seem quite popular.

scruff
    Free Member

UST high rollers are soft, very grippy and quite draggy. Ive taken mine off for use abroad and am using Bonty ACX TLRs with stans sealant, best all round trail tyre Ive ever used (and I’ve had alot of tyres).

Inzane
    Free Member

ah, Conti Vert Pros used to be my preferred tyre…. but I have moved onto Specialized Eskars and find them better in almost all conditions!!

Contis 2.3’s are narrow in comparison to the Spec. 2.35 Eskar. I would run a Maxxis Advantage before running a high roller!! (Advantage and Eskar have a very similar tread pattern)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tyre Width for 819 rims?’ is closed to new replies.