Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tyre Weld which works with tubes ?
  • moose2008
    Free Member

I’ve never had any trouble with sealents, patches or tyre welds etc.in the past but since I’ve been riding a fat bike nothing seems to work. I’ve used the big surly tubes and now use Schwalbe down hill tubes but nothing seems to fix the punctures. Patches come off ( glued and self adhesive ones. ) I’ve tried taking out the valves and filling the tubes with tyre sealant but it just dosen’t seem to fix when I get a puncture.
    I thought I had the job sussed last week when I used Holt car tire weld and believed to have a quick and good fix but it only lasted about half an hour.
    Has any body had this problem, is it because of the thicker rubber?
    There must be something out there that will inflate and mend one of these tubes and keep them up.
    Any advice appreciated.

Trimix
    Free Member

Use a vulcanised patch, clean the surface of the tube where your sticking the patch with some white spirit, there is probably some oil type release agent on the tube that stopping the glue working.

moose2008
    Free Member

I’ll give the white spirit a try on some tubes I have in my garage. My main reason for a quick fix was for when it’s about 11 pm and about
    – 6 degrees. My rear wheel is a pain to remove and takes a lot of inflating with it being a fat bike. As you probably know you soon get cold when your wet and you stop moving in sub zeros.

bm0p700f
    Free Member

edit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tyre Weld which works with tubes ?’ is closed to new replies.