Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • tyre pressure for d/h freeriding?
  • jonrambo
    Free Member

hi guys, what tyre pressures should i use for d/h and f/r as im wanting to start doing more of this, at the moment i just do x/c and always pump them up hard, my friend says i should have less for downhilling but wouldnt that cause me to get pinch flats? and also is there any pumps with a gauge on so i know how much to put in?

GW
    Free Member

jon rambo needs lower pressure than chuck norris.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Pinches tyres*

Yeah, that’s about right.

RealMan
    Free Member

Depends how much you weigh, how big your tyres are, and how hard you ride.

russjp
    Free Member

18-20psi with maxxis dual ply tyres

GW
    Free Member

if you’re a skinny 13yr old maybe ^^

solamanda
    Free Member

Depends. I’m 13 stone and I’ll run vastly different pressures depending on the conditions/track. In the summer usually 25-40psi. Faster the track harder the pressure. In the worst of winter on slower tracks littered with wet roots I’ll run down to 15psi. Tubeless and dual ply tyres are very flexible as you don’t need to worry about flats so much but tubeless does need more pressure on high speed tracks for added stability.

russjp
    Free Member

13 stone 30+ with a smooth riding style! High roller 2.35 front, Larsen tt 2.35 rear cannot remember last time i had a pinch flat, even when riding the hardtail.

creaser
    Free Member

24 psi always 2.5 maxxis, 27 at Fort william

nicolaisam
    Free Member

20psi to 30psi running dual ply super tacky minnions,depends on how many rocks there are.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

25psi ish.

11 stone.

I only have 6″ o’bounce though. I had one puncture with that (DH tubes and tyres) all year and it was from a huge thorn.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘tyre pressure for d/h freeriding?’ is closed to new replies.