Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 150 total)
  • Opinions on a Cayenne…..*lights paper, stands well back*
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

That looks like a "Panda" car – so the driver is likely to have no extra training above his driving test. Class 1 drivers are taught to a much higher level.

TJ – so you've ridden "far faster than me" on a motorbike? And you are talking to me about safety? Oh dear. Here endeth your input. Thanks for the put down attempt though.

"Tussle" may be the wrong word – a "spirited few miles of driving" – both smiling, both having fun. If none of you have ever done that, you are talking complete and utter BS.

Unfortunately almost anyone that can enjoy a car properly is currently hiding from this thread.

chiefgrooveguru

Driving any SUV fast down a bendy road is like trying to carve bendy singletrack on a bike with an 18" high BB and the saddle up at roadie height. You can't escape the centre of mass being horribly high! The Cayenne's quick in a straight line though and if you're driving it then you don't have to look at it…

konabunny
    Free Member

joolsburger
    Free Member

I knew you would notice it wasn't an area car! Here you go then a written off police Lambo, I expect those Italians can't train their coppers though.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yes Matt I was – because you get involved in "tussles" on the road and I don't. Its really simply – I use judgement when its safe to speed – you allow your emotions to get tangled up in it all which clouds your judgement.

classic wannbe boy racer.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Oh do shut up TJ – classis wannabee boy racer with IAM and Cop training as well as no speeding points? Sorry mate, you aren't trying hard enough.

I couldn't give two hoots if you've been fast on a motorbike – how many points have you had and what additional training have you done eh? Emotions? What like the ones you display everyone time you spout BS you can't back up?

Jools – Italians cannot drive (apart from F1 cars) – full stop.

Kona – fast in Majorca? I drove about 4 miles twice on narrow mountain lanes very, very slowly indeed. Didn't get above third gear. The airport transfer was driven by Father in Law who knows the roads well. Come on, don't just make stuff up.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Suf matt – invoke hattterslys law – when in a hole stop digging.

Surfmatt – you clearly are showing that your machismo is tied up in your identity as a "fast driver"

That is the classic boy racer attitude involving your emotions with your driving and is what makes you unsafe. I wouldn't get in a car with you because of your attitude.

35 yrs on bikes here. two speeding fines in that time, no serious accidents apart from falling off a moped 35 yrs ago.

Oh – and any decent motorbike pisses all over your poxy cars for speed on the road. You wouldn't even be able to keep up with a touring bike

joolsburger
    Free Member

Matt I love going fast and I've been lucky enough to have some quick cars, some quicker bikes and a bit of time at various tracks including a week at the ring. If I'm pressing on quickly and someone wants to race I always let them pass. I'm competitive by nature but the road isn't the place. It's most likely my personal experience that reinforces my attitude and I hope nothing similar comes your way.

Anyway Cayenne – Proper crapola…

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

So then TJ, why do I happily drive around in an 85bhp Jimny as well as a quick BM then? Why have you got two more speeding tickets than me? And had one more crash than me?

You wouldn't get in a car with me because it would be very dangerous – I'd fall asleep at the wheel within a minute.

And get this:

you clearly are showing that your machismo is tied up in your identity as a "fast driver"

followed directly by:

Oh – and any decent motorbike pisses all over your poxy cars for speed on the road. You wouldn't even be able to keep up with a touring bike

😆 😆 😆

I love the serial hypocrits on here.

So then Jools, if you'd love an RS6, then why?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Whats that wooshing noise Matt?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

It's the sound of your hot air exiting your gob.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Woosh – do you not get tired of hearing the point fly past?

Funny little boy you are.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

From someone so "famed" for having the debating skills of a primary school kid, I'd call that a wee bit rich.

Anyway, isn't it time you had your afternoon nap after a quick attempt at the Sun crossword?

flange
    Free Member

DrRsWank (Brittas? Rob?) – those days are done my friend. I moved up to an astravan and never looked back. I can't, its the starch in these MASSIVE collars…

Cheers for the info on the M5 – I do like the look of the new ones but they seem a lot of money for what they are. I've heard decent things about RS4's so I think it'll be one of those or an RS6. But I might try a Cayenne just to humour myself.

TJ – I'm sorry -I used to be of the belief that a quick car will never match a quick bike. However, having had my @rse handed to me by a 335d when onboard my CBR6rr, I'd beg to differ. Proper quick cars will stay with proper quick bikes. Middling cars will stay with middling bikes and so on….

Anyway, this seems to have turned into a different discussion which I'm not really qualified to take part in. I have a driving license with 4 points and recently smashed my BMW into a thousand tiny pieces so I'm neither a good nor safe driver…..maybe I should avoid the Cayenne for everyones sake!

Thanks all

joolsburger
    Free Member

I don't want an RS6 I said the OP could look at one.

I drive an old slow Honda and it's very liberating. I get my jollies on the bike now.

Peyote
    Free Member

"Tussle" may be the wrong word – a "spirited few miles of driving" – both smiling, both having fun. If none of you have ever done that, you are talking complete and utter BS.

Never raced on a public road, not BSing, just sensible. I know I'm not a very good driver so getting into a situation like that would be stupid for me, and unwise for even a trained Police, high class, IAM accredited driver. I doubt that they'd have supported you stance for racing on public roads. I'd be interested to hear otherwise though? Can't really imagine a situation where they'd condone that!

Gone over the speed limit? Yes, but that's a whole different argument!

So, I take it the road wasn't closed and it wasn't a private race event then SM? Irresponsible and potentially dangerous it is then.

s
    Free Member

Have we made it to the back of the room yet with this post?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

pious
    adj
    1. having or expressing reverence for a god or gods; religious; devout
    2. marked by reverence
    3. marked by false reverence; sanctimonious

Peyote
    Free Member

Have we made it to the back of the room yet with this post?

I think you're right. Seems to have degraded to insults.

Apologies if I made any false assumptions Mat, just airing my opinion based on what you've written. If you care to give me an example of when the Police would support your actions, then I'm more than happy* to change my opinion. I know very little about advanced driving (not being pious, just telling the truth) so a more experienced voice is welcomed.

* Maybe happy is the wrong word, no one likes being wrong!

iDave
    Free Member

anyone mentioned nazis yet?

Damon
    Free Member

I am selling my RS6 for a good price; deal to be done…

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2041685.htm

joolsburger
    Free Member

Didn't Porsche design the Beetle for them?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Did I say "race" anywhere? The RS6 was behind me, he didn't attempt to overtake. A race is for a racetrack – this was using quick cars for what quick cars do – they go quickly.

A race involves overtaking, jostling for position. A race on a public road usually means silly maneouvres to get ahead. This (and similar "fun" – oops sorry did I equate "driving" with "fun" – I need burning at the stake) often leads to crashes by poor drivers. No one "wins" a fast drive with another car on roads with just two lanes.

The only time you "win" is when some gimp usually in a 2.0TDI Audi or Golf decides to try and prove himself (or more increasingly herself) by driving up your backside when you can't move out of the way on a dual carriageway or motorway. So as the traffic clears, it can be fun to leave them for dust. Safely.

None of you moaners with powerfulish motors ever floored it when someone is constantly tailgating you? Oh of course not. None of you ever enjoyed a quick drive with a mate driving in another car? Any of you detractors not dead from the neck down?

Jamie
    Free Member

anyone mentioned nazis yet?

…and the circle is complete.

Godwin would be proud.

tonyg2003

Flange "*lights paper, stands well back*" job done. Thread well now alight.

BTW when is this quiet time on the M25 that you speak of?

-Liam-
    Free Member

They are huge enough to run over a mid size hatch without feeling it.
    They are offensively ugly.
    Fuel consumption is enough to get your local greenpeace activist foaming at the mouth.

I'd love one.

I also quite like the Audi Q7's for much the same reasons but I'd guess they aren't quite so cheap….if cheap is a word you could use to describe 3 tonnes of Porsche 😀

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

To the OP, if you are serious about still wanting one then send me a mail & I'll give you my mobile number if you want a chat about any of the cars you may have seen, or general advice on running costs & pitfalls.
    But I'm staying out of the rest of the thread.
    Cheers.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Which is the most un PC?

A Range Rover Supercharged 500bhp jobbie?
    A Cayenne Turbo?
    A Q7 V12 TDI?

Peyote
    Free Member

Did I say "race" anywhere? The RS6 was behind me, he didn't attempt to overtake. A race is for a racetrack – this was using quick cars for what quick cars do – they go quickly.

A race involves overtaking, jostling for position. A race on a public road usually means silly maneouvres to get ahead. This (and similar "fun" – oops sorry did I equate "driving" with "fun" – I need burning at the stake) often leads to crashes by poor drivers. No one "wins" a fast drive with another car on roads with just two lanes.

The only time you "win" is when some gimp usually in a 2.0TDI Audi or Golf decides to try and prove himself (or more increasingly herself) by driving up your backside when you can't move out of the way on a dual carriageway or motorway. So as the traffic clears, it can be fun to leave them for dust. Safely.

None of you moaners with powerfulish motors ever floored it when someone is constantly tailgating you? Oh of course not. None of you ever enjoyed a quick drive with a mate driving in another car? Any of you detractors not dead from the neck down?

Ha ha! You justify to yourself however much you want chap!

If you concentrating on the car in front/behind, rather than on the road environment then you may as well be racing. It's only a semantic argument you're generating here.

Oh well, thanks for the thread, it was fun!

tonyg2003

None of the above

in order of co2 nastyness

Cayenne Turbo 270 g/km
    Q7 V12 TDI 298 g/km
    Range Rover Supercharged 374 g/km

the winner is

Mercedes M63 392 g/kg

Although owners would say they don't count since they aren't driven much. Both the Bentley V8 and the Murcielago are near 500g/km

….I'll get my bike….

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 150 total)

The topic ‘Opinions on a Cayenne…..*lights paper, stands well back*’ is closed to new replies.