Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • TXT SPK
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Oh my god. I've just had to read a sentence in TXT SPK and it took me 3 times as long to understand it than normal English and very nearly had me pointing at each word like a 5 year old. I'm sooooooo glad I don't see it much. I don't think I could cope.
    I must be getting VERY old yes? Pass me flat cap, I'm off to play bowls. 😉

Yetiman
    Free Member

My mum sends all her texts in text speak. She's 62 and I'm 38 and I'm the one that feels old because I can't stand it. Harumph! Have one of my Werthers Originals.

nobtwidler
    Free Member

I had to find a website that would translate txt spk for me. Now where are my slippers?

fadda

And me. I know language evolves, but I wish it wouldn't…

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Watch out! You've just put a call out for MarkDatz to come and educate us all.

Run!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Im 27 and I don't understand it. I also have two young girls so in 15 years or so I'm buggered.

Anybody fancy being in a human version of Jurassic Park?

stumpynya12
    Free Member

LMAO FFS C U L8er 8)

aphex_2k
    Free Member

****….

Travis

What annoys me, is how it has even sneaked into Business communication around the world.

LeeW

My 14 year old step daughter started saying LOL last year, two black eyes later and she just giggles now.

duntstick
    Free Member

Waygot agar yagoo taygorkaking agarbagout, my parents used to talk to each other like this………..(They were from Sheffield)

People are never quite satisfied with the English language…..

slowjo
    Free Member

u can haz truble bro! u r pwned!

I think this means something along the lines of "you're gonna get owned with my bombers"!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

O HAI, I DUN A MARKDATZ! LULZ ROFLCOPTERS!!!11

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Its really not that difficult to decode. Admit it – you just like getting into a huff about it 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

i just text back with made up words…….then when they reply with "what" i reply – can you send your previous message in english. There is one friend of my girlfriends that is particualrly bad for text talk . ok the occassional word but she can write a whole text in the stuff !

brakes
    Free Member

have the drivers on your weighbridge found a new way of avoiding communicating with you?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Its really not that difficult to decode

No, but it's like trying to read a new language – Slow. 🙂

khani
    Free Member

im rubbish at it, the mrs decided to put the boys pc in the kitchen to keep an eye on what he was doing
    waste of time, he could have been ordering albanian prositutes and kilo's of crack while arms dealing and commiting credit card fraud, i could'nt understand a word of it
    old fart now me 😯

I_Ache
    Free Member

LeeW – Member
    My 14 year old step daughter started saying LOL last year, two black eyes later and she just giggles now.

How did she even manage to say LOL when she was clearly laughing out loud?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i reckon its largely outdated now anyway. ime it came about as a way of getting more message for your buck, so to speak – you could fit more into a message, which was useful on PAYG mobiles… now that most people (even kids it seems) are on contracts, its less useful. i now write messages in full queen's english.

LOL LMAO WTF FTW !!!1111!!!1!!!!eleven!!!!11! CU L8R m8.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘TXT SPK’ is closed to new replies.