Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Two questions: car and belt!
  • AdamW
    Free Member

Go on, STW massif, lend me your hearing things:

1. Me & MrAdamW have decided to go from a 2-car household to a 1-car household. He uses the bus to get to work and I mainly bike. His car is currently on the drive with a seized wheel due to low use(sorting it out tomorrow). Do you reckon a garage would take 2 cars in part-ex for a more recent model?

2. I have a fab* belt buckle and want to get a belt made. Anyone know anywhere in the Nottinghamm/Derby area that can do it for a fee? I don’t want to buy all the bits just for one belt.

* – yes, this word does show my age!

Hareydan
    Free Member

1. Probably, me and my ex traded both our cars in for a newer one from a dealership, didn’t get a great deal on them mind…

2. No idea

steveh

As above someone will take both your cars for one newer one but don’t expect a good deal out of it.

project
    Free Member

Sell the better one privately, and the crap one part exchange with cash from the good one for a better car.

Youre more likely to get more that way,also Adam could you email me, you may be able to offer me some advice…

AdamW
    Free Member

Hi Project, YGM!

monogramman
    Free Member

Timpsons or a shoe repair/cobblers for the belt.

Family member had the same done & pretty sure it was at a local cobblers

Junkyard
    Free Member

what a surprise STW talking cobblers again

IGMC

neilb67
    Free Member

If a dealer can make money then they will take however many cars you have.

With reference to the belt, have a google for Walsall leather. Not too far from you and still a thriving industry here.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Two questions: car and belt!’ is closed to new replies.