Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Two narrow escapes.
  • Met a grrl at an event a few years ago and thought she was quite cute.
    We didn’t get chance to talk much at the time, but I got her number and we used to talk on the phone a lot, But then it all sort of faded away after a while.
    Met her again earlier this year as we were both marshaling at a fell running race.
    One of the runners was late back, it was getting dark and we were discussing options such calling Mountain Rescue or sending two marshals back along the course to hopefully meet him head on.
    Suddenly she said “He’s OK, he’s walking back”
    Everyone else “?”
    “My Mum passed over a few years ago, but she still talks to me. She said he’s safe and well, just moving slowly”.
    Pause in the conversation while everyone else wonders what to say to that.

Met another grrl a couple of years before that. Friend of a friend. I got the impression she was interested in me, but she was just another single mum and I thought I could do better.
    I hadn’t heard anything of her for years, until she posted on Facebook recently that her kids had been taken off her because she refused to live in a hostel and was living in a tent instead. She was confidant that god was going to return her kids to her though.

Women, they’re all mad. The best you can hope for is to find one who’s madness is compatible with your own.

matt_outandabout

aracer
    Free Member

Everyone else “?”
    “My Mum passed over a few years ago, but she still talks to me. She said he’s safe and well, just moving slowly”.

Well was he?

bikeneil
    Free Member

Perhaps that’s the effect you have on them.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Everyone else “?”
    Well was he?

Yeah, what happened?

fasthaggis

Women, they’re all mad

Of course they are dear 🙂

footflaps

He’d been attacked by Pine Martins, and slain by the side of the track…

* Possibly….

mark90
    Free Member

Do they like cats? 😉

kayak23

she was just another single mum and I thought I could do better

🙂

senorj

😯
    A little early for biscuits ,
    I’ll pop the kettle on and fire up the toaster…

Edric64
    Free Member

but she was just another single mum and I thought I could do better.

What`s wrong with being a single parent ?

boblo
    Free Member

Weirdo attracting weirdos shocker 🙂

wwaswas

she was just another single mum

You know when you post stuff and it turns out that you’re the only one who’s ever had that thought because everyone else is, like, ‘wtf? and ‘are you for real dude?’.

That.

cinnamon_girl

Judgemental and downright nasty. 😐

thegreatape
    Free Member

I married a single mother. Thank goodness I did, because this meant that at least there was one civilised child in the family.

Wasn’t it the OP who was asking for advice when the police were questioning him about someone being murdered in the woods? Perhaps these women had a lucky escape!

allthepies
    Free Member

Just who had the lucky escapes ? 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I met her. She said you were just another Deliverance type who lived in the woods in a fally-downy shed and she felt she could do better in a tent.

Scapegoat

I still want to know whether God approves of the tent. Does it have electric hookup and a sewn in groundsheet?

Edric64
    Free Member

I dont think I have dated anyone without kids since my late 20`s.Does it work the other way round as I was a single dad for many years ?

CaptJon
    Free Member

Twist: the first woman was actually killed on the very fell her ghost was helping to marshall.

brakes
    Free Member

oooh, have we found something new to wring our hands about?
    BURN THE SINGLEMUMIST! BURN HIM!

I’m a single Mum, and so is my wife.

piemonster

That photo up there is my mental image of Fast Haggis now and forever more.

wwaswas

That photo up there is my mental image of Fast Haggis

I’m sure MTG will be very relieved.

Fast Haggis might be quite upset, though.

fasthaggis

But,but,but that’s a photo of Graham ,honest 🙁

I am more like this

😉

piemonster

Too late pinky pants

fasthaggis

Damn ,busted 🙂

TBF most photos of Graham have something like this

in the background.

He breaks a lot of the stuff he rides.

Lucky escape girls !

bobfleming

Lets get back to the real storey!

Did the bloke come walking back???!

nwgiles

brakes – Member
    I’m a single Mum, and so is my wife.

its early in the day, how does this work?

ps. i’m a single dad don’t shout at me

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m more interested in the bloke running the fell rather than someones “love” life..

Did the runner come back or were Mountain Rescue called???

footflaps

or was he really killed by Pine Martins?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Marin Pine Martins??

BoardinBob

Women, they’re all mad.

Had been seeing a girl for about 6 months and everything was going very well. She went up to Aberdeen for the weekend. Returned on Sunday and informed me she’d met a guy on the Friday night and was now engaged to him. 😆 Absolutely genuine, first time she’d ever met him.

Turns out she was crazier than a shit house rat. I swiftly made my excuses but she still tries to add me on Facebook despite this all happening 13 years ago. By my reckoning she’s now got 4 kids by 3 different fathers, none of whom she’s with. Talk about dodging a bullet!

ThePinkster

Has anyone linked this to Mumsnet yet? 😉

binners

Only the 2 escapes? With your refreshingly open-minded attitude, and unique sense of style, I’m flabbergasted you’re not beating them off with a shitty stick! 😀

plyphon
    Free Member

Had been seeing a girl for about 6 months and everything was going very well. She went up to Aberdeen for the weekend. Returned on Sunday and informed me she’d met a guy on the Friday night and was now engaged to him. Absolutely genuine, first time she’d ever met him.

Turns out she was crazier than a shit house rat. I swiftly made my excuses but she still tries to add me on Facebook despite this all happening 13 years ago. By my reckoning she’s now got 4 kids by 3 different fathers, none of whom she’s with. Talk about dodging a bullet!

That’s genuinely hilarious. No doubt you were hurt at the time but what a story hahaha.

Closest I’ve ever came to anything like that is walking into ASDA and almost buying a Haloween costume titled “Mental Ill Patient with Knife and Authentic Blood”.

mightymule
    Free Member

Do you mean Pine Martens?

8)

fasthaggis

Doc Martens could be vicious .

Edric64
    Free Member

Were they pining for the fjords ?

sugdenr
    Free Member

WHAT ABOUT THE ‘EFFING FELL RUNNER?

You lot just don’t care do you, you have flamed the OP so he’s going to keep us in suspense for like ever and ever. Thanks.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

By my reckoning she’s now got 4 kids by 3 different fathers, none of whom she’s with. Talk about dodging a bullet!

Is she called Elaine?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Two narrow escapes.’ is closed to new replies.