Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New hybrid for my wife?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

My wife has a long history of hip opperations and wants to change her 2010 Felt Womens specific road bike (already had a MTB) for a hybrid with a more upright position, flat bars and easier gears etc.

She’s looked at spesh, Giant, Trek and cannondale WSD hybrids and has a shortlist (looking at £500-£800) – VFM teh speh looks like they have the best groupsets.

Anyone else have any recommendations (looking at a small frame as is 5 ft 4 in)

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I’ve put some flat bars and MTB shifters and Avid levers on our Gert’s Cannondale Synapse to give her a more upright position. I think that’s a hybrid position now.

She has a neck injury so struggles to “look up”.

Works a treat. Total cost with a bit of shopping around was under £50.

zilog6128

A mate got his wife a Pinnacle (Evans own brand). To be fair I haven’t ridden it but it looked alright and I was surprised how light it was after he told me the price (£400-£500).

Having a quick look on their website, the most expensive ladies hybrid has Sora gearing and is under 23 lbs, not bad for 500 quid.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cheers both – yeah I have offered the hybrid upgrade to her current bike but I think she wan’t the retail therapy 🙂 Thx Zilog will have a look 🙂

bungle

Shouldn’t swaps be in the FS forum?

foxyrider
    Free Member

LOL – not looking to swap 🙂

snakebite
    Free Member

ditto with mrs S, got her this on Friday for commuting duties and getting out for a spin on the eve/weekend. she loves it already.

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

I actually have a Giant Dash 4 for sale at the moment. Women’s “fast hybrid” – road tyres, but flat bars and easy derailleur gears, triple chainset.

It’s light blue and size S frame.

If interested, email messylittlepanda@yahoo.com

foxyrider
    Free Member

I’ll mention it to Mrs Fox Little Miss Panda 🙂 Thanks snakebite – Mrs Fox is going to look at them tonight 🙂

bigrich

commutificating this for my my one; it was a second-hand steal. So light and fast! She doesn’t appreciate it.

DezB
    Free Member

My mum has 2 Specialized Hybrids – she tried a slicked MTB for a while, but the hybrids are so much quicker. Great bikes for the money. Vita, I think the model is.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cheers Dez 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New hybrid for my wife?’ is closed to new replies.