Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Tweed valley conditions
  • fergal
    Free Member

just wondering if any of you fine fellows have been roosting in the valley, much ice on the trails? thanks.

br
    Free Member

-6 this morning, and still well below now

selkirkbear
    Free Member

There was a couple of inches of very icy rutted snow past the top of Pennel’s Vennel/Cool Runnings at Glentress on Wednesday night and the temp hasn’t been above freezing since.

Fine under the trees though.

fergal
    Free Member

Ok just looked at tweed valley bike patrol fb, snowy.

PS. Ta

Northwind

Glentress Glacier in full effect on the manmade trails, looks like. #Fatbikeduro at inners/golfy for me I think

Kahurangi

Would you want your ice spikers for that then NW, for the compacted snow? Or still soft enough for regular tyres 🙂

Northwind

Ah who knows. But my trailbike’s ****ed so I’m declaring it fat minion conditions regardless. If that doesn’t work, I’ll just pretend I’m having fun skidding everywhere.

tom.nash

Ice/snow on anything exposed above about 150m from valley floor but in the trees of the golfie/Inners its pretty mint (for Nov in Scotland).

Johnbot
    Free Member

Any change today for tomorrow? Thinking Inners rather than GT

Northwind

The snow’s very hashed up at GT with refrozen ruts, some of the roads are awful- all quite charmless, hard going, but the trails below the top car park are pretty much fine and the offpiste further up is clear (pretty bloomin wet, mind).

Looking at people’s facebook, golfy is apparently easily doable up to the reservoir though I’m not sure if that means any of the upper trails are practical. Looks like less snow over on traquair. So I’ll be down there tomorrow I guess.

ebennett

Just thought I’d resurrect this as I’m up that way this weekend – any point going up Glentress or is it still frozen solid?

Kahurangi

+1, planning on a weekend up there. GT sat afternoon, Inners/Caberston Sunday.

br
    Free Member

+10c today

fergal
    Free Member

Would imagine getting very good on the loamy stuff for the time of year, been dry this week, think i will be over at some point.

br
    Free Member

Yes, we were out last night (around Selkirk) and surprisingly dry, but we’ve had no rain for over a week.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Inners uplift day last saturday, was -3, tracks were absolute mint.

I think Angry Sheep may be my new favourite track ever.

fergal
    Free Member

Last run for me recently that or Green wing, chose the latter… very good flow…next time.

bigjim

I think Angry Sheep may be my new favourite track ever.

has it dried out a bit or is it still like snowboarding?

BillyBull
    Free Member

Up there tomorrow for a weekends mtbing for my birthday so will see how much time we have to get out riding in the afternoon and post back.

And a slight hijack if you’re up for weekend and want a pint while watching an old bloke murder classics I am doing a solo gig in County Hotel, Peebles Saturday at 9.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bigjim – it was muddy, but incredibly grippy, really bizarre.

hainman
    Free Member

I was up Glentress yesterday and done most of the black,off piste stuff and it was fine,usual muddy mess at start of Hush hush brown trout etc but the actual trails were proper grippy only bastard was the 3 climbs back up the the mast to do the best trails,Legs like jelly today

thegman67

Some of the guys where up the Golfie last night and said it was running well apart from two otb and a face plant on Nae Spleen

hairyscary

‘Flat White’ and ‘Community Service’ at Golfie were perfect yesterday.
    I had intended riding the stuff down to Walkerburn as well, but everytime I got to the start of Flat White I could not ride past it 😳

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Tweed valley conditions’ is closed to new replies.