Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • TVs – where are we this month?
  • rkk01
    Free Member

Walked past a stunning Sony Bravia in a store yesterday – must have been 50-55″, very slim and with a stunning picture (yes, I know they turn the coulours / brightness up…)

Had been half toying with the idea of getting a new TV and retiring the old one to the kids’ room

On the 3D demo it was tosh though. Some scenes looked convincing, but most looked like a series of overlays stacked in the 3rd dimension (think Blue Peter cereal box stgae / theatre from when you were 5…)

Whats good and not so good? The samsung smart TVs looked good as well

Cougar

They’re all good. Also Panasonic.

Not convinced about 3D in the home, personally.

nomakoman
    Free Member

3d sucks….n ive got a 9 screen multiplex to prove it!

Drac
    jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Have a look at What Hi-Fi this month

TiRed

Bigger is not always better. Samsung and Sony make some great LCD screens, Panasonic make some excellent plasma screens. 55″ is a big TV for daily use. We have a 32″ in the lounge and a 42″ in a sitting room (and a 96″ that drops down over it!). For daily watching, the 32″ is plenty. I see no value in 3D.

sor
    Free Member

Walked past a stunning Sony Bravia in a store yesterday – must have been 50-55″, very slim and with a stunning picture (yes, I know they turn the coulours / brightness up…)

Had been half toying with the idea of getting a new TV and retiring the old one to the kids’ room

Are we allowed to talk about transvestites like this? TV’s are people too!

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Sony Bravia 32″ Smart TV. Currys £349.00

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/sony-bravia-kdl-32cx520-32-full-hd-lcd-tv-10112728-pdt.html

I’m no TV Expert / Geek but happy with this and still working out all the features.

Only downside I have come across is the freeview does not pick up HD, but the iplayer mode does, I honestly can’t tell the difference.

jon1973
    Free Member

Not convinced about 3D in the home, personally.

I tend to agree, although I’d be interested to see what it would be like for gaming. I’ve noticed Gran Turismo is 3D compatible and I imagine there are plenty of other titles out there / on the way which might be worth a look.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘TVs – where are we this month?’ is closed to new replies.