Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Turner rear shock
  • MartynS

got a Horst link 5 spot.. whats the shock lengh I need? the turner website isn't being helpful

Oh and can anyone reccomend a replacement for my dying romic coil shock!!

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

You need a 7.5" eye to eye with 2" stroke. Eyelet reducers are 21.8mm width
    with 6mm hardware. If you ride aggressively and don't mind the weight
    penalty then go coil, either DHX or hi-zoot CaneCreek. If wanting another
    air shock then get the Rp23, amazing shock.

Thanks

Jarett
    Sales@Turnerbikes.com

Although it was for a 2006 / faux bar Spot.

Just email them, always dead helpful IME.

I changed to a Pushed RP23 from TFT. Better than the DHX that came off it. Saying that if you want a DHX I have one for sale.

tops5
    Free Member

How much cheeky?

doof_doof
    Free Member

190 x 50.

If you like coil, then a Van R is best value, then get it Pushed as funds allow. Their new MX tune looks very tastey.

I have an Avalanche shock on my RXF, it's sublime. Don't think I'll ever go back to an air shock.

midlifecrashes

I went from the Romic to an RP23 on mine. To be honest I don't use the extra knobs and settings on the RP23 , just set it to lowish Propedal and leave it alone, so a plain Float would probably have done just as well, it's just that the RP23 is what came up in the classifieds when I was looking. Rides great on the RP23, firm for pedalling and forgiving for bumps and rocks.

If you want any sort of Turner info, the forum on MTBR is the place, very active and knowledgeable including the guys from Turner itself, and an archive of all the various builds and settings. Look at the third sticky topic in the Turner forum.

MTBR Turner forum

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

£150 posted? Open to offers.

DHX Air 5 and I'll throw in a seal kit. Meant to change them after getting it unstuck but haven't had chance / inclination / need.

Comes with the fitting hardware to go in a Turner 5 Spot.

Think it's a 2006 or 07 model, but not sure (and wouldn't know how to tell). Had very little use.

Happy to discuss – email timsellors[at]googlemail.com

ken_shields
    Free Member

I've got a romic coil, a pushed RP23 and a DHX Air shock for mine. I've never used the romic but the RP23 is v nice for all dayers and with the propedal on the lowest setting doesn't bob on the uphills and for general hooning round the woods the DHX feels bottomless.

You pays your money and makes your choice 😀

MartynS

Ken

YGM

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

I always fancied a coil for it but TBH, just to see what it was like. However, the HT gets more hammer so I'd rather buy forks for that than rear for the Spot.

Digger90
    Free Member

I have a brand new Push'd Fox Float R which I bought for my 5 Spot and used twice if you are after that sort of thing. Tbh, it was much, much better than my previous Fox RP23, which surprised me. Much plusher and with zero bob, which seems counterintuitive, but that's the way it performed. Push obviously know how to get the best out of stuff.

Anyway, it's new, comes with 2 sets of reducers, £170

simonpearson AT yahoo DOT com

PS – only reason for selling it is that I've sold the frame.

UK-FLATLANDER

CCDB – Lovely 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Turner rear shock’ is closed to new replies.