Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Turner 5.Spot. . .
  • Scienceofficer
    Free Member

heard the cry of despair from your post

You’re not wrong. What a gent!

What have you put on instead of the coil?

khani
    Free Member

The raw ones not built up anymore, I swapped the bits onto a pitch frame which uses a 200mm shock and that springs too short cos it’s for a 190 shock, And having tried a spot in long and short travel guises I decided I prefer them more with shorter rockers and 130-140mm forks and a lighter build
    The raw one is Insurance 😉

Hadge
    Free Member

My old 5 Spot

and my “new” 5 Spot

I’ve fitted some Pushed travel plates to my latest Spot as I do prefer them with the 140mm forks. I had the DHX coil on my older one which was fantastic and I’m looking find one with a Ti spring again. I’ve yet to try the DW Link one for a long ride after having a very very brief test on one but I did like the initial feel so can’t wait try it properly and see.

the_lecht_rocks

nicolai helius AC nobody ? 👿

khani
    Free Member

coogan
    Free Member

German tat.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

If you keep thinking you want one you probably better get one. It wont go away!

the old one (much loved and missed)

The replacement (not loved quite the same)

Back to Turner new DW spot 27lb build.

At fort william on the gondola for a few runs on the DH track. Typical versatile turner.

Couple of other turners that have been in the garage at one time or another.

TNT non horst frame

mates large horst link spot with about a billion miles riden on it still going strong.

the old and the new.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Nice build you got the on your DW Spot.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Thanks. I have some more suitable wheels coming!

Farticus

Late 05 vintage Horst, now with Thomson post and Maguras. All the bike I’ll need until/if I break it.

coogan
    Free Member

Old and new 5 Spots in the Alps. And some clown who posts on here occasionally…

kaiser
    Free Member

NCBoy …your mates HL bike has so much seat post showing that surely he’s above minimum insertion recommendations (oooerr). No seriously ..is that how he rides it ?

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Yep thats how he rides it. Hes quite tall!

handyman
    Free Member

A slight hijack, had my flux dw rp23 “pushed” by push industries over here in the states, made a whole heap of difference, before the rebound was too fast and the propedal, even in spot 3 was not enough of a difference, but after “pushing” it the rebound speed is noticably different after each click, the pro pedal actually makes a difference too and the action is smoother, it was $159 and that included new du bushings and a full service, well worth the money

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Some nice looking Turner’s on here.

woodsman
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

From another angle, without the bloke who posts on here

firestarter
    Free Member

My tnt one after a rebuild great to ride

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

5 Spot side by Jef Karn, on Flickr

The wife’s

coogan
    Free Member

As much as I love my DangerWank version, the horst link is the better looking bike. Still miss my old one.

Lucas
    Free Member

They are great bikes but I’m still trying to forgive mine for breaking my wrist 8 weeks ago. Mines a bit like triggers broom:

I got a large HL in Feb 2004 as a reward for mending a broken knee, great bike but I decided in 2008 that a large was too small so got an XL front 2008 triangle. I’ve also swapped the romic for a DHX and recently the rockers for 5.5 rockers.

So all I need is a rear end and I’ll have a complete second frame which I could give to my brother (a friend bent his bike). So does anyone have a set of chain and seat stays?

nick3216
    Free Member

Count the seats then look more closely at the suspension…

Delamere Jan 06 by Steve J Makin, on Flickr

shortcut

granny_ring

Some great pics people.

Anyone got a turner grease gun going spare please?

Cheers

Andy

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Grease gun on ebay £14:75 (not me BTW)

the_lecht_rocks

problem with the 5 spot evolution is it’s been driven by economics and not improved performance.

it’s widely acknowledged that the Horst Link is still a ‘better’ platform than any of the less expensive more recent patents.

khani
    Free Member

I do wonder if Tony Ellsworth wasn’t such a tw*t, if turner would have changed the suspension design

pastcaring
    Free Member

i owned a horst link turner and now own a dw link turner, imho the dw is better (evan with the crap air shock)

haggis1978

**North Country Boy, i’ve just got a hold of an Epiphany and i have a HL 5 spot as well, which i’ve only had for a month or 2. The 5 spot reignited my love for full sus and then i came across the epiphany which i always wanted. I’d be interested to hear your comparisons of the 2 if you please as i’ve not been able to ride the epiphany yet

khani
    Free Member

I like the looks of the older ones, but the new dw ones are growing on me
    But with turners it’s the all round package that swings it for me, the bushings are ace and the cs is superb, and the little things like the warranty and cs go with the frame not the owner, and even a 12yr old fubard frame has £500 trade in value off a new one.

granny_ring

Cheers NCB have you got the ebay link for the grease gun, I’ve had a look and cant find it, unless it’s finished maybe.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member
    granny_ring

Ok thanks for that, guess you have to take the shock one end to use this gun?

toons
    Free Member

Here’s mine polished

Turner DW 5 Spot by james_ferguson, on Flickr

heihei

Have to admit I dont normally like polished bikes but that looks mint. Shame it’s going…….

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Turner 5.Spot. . .’ is closed to new replies.