Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Flat pedals – recommendations please
  • Pz_Steve

After years of riding SPDs I'm thinking of trying flats. No specific reason, just want to see if it adds a new perspective to my riding. Probably looking to spend up to about £50. I tend to pedal-strike a bit, so want something that's not too bulky but is going to be reliable.

Any recommendations?

alexpalacefan

Wellgo MG-1. Grippy, light, cheep.

APF

wors

Superstar nano tech. Cheap, stiff,grippy, light and loads of colours to be a tart.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

see parallel thread
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/which-is-best-dmr-v12s-or-wellgo-b54s-anyone-own-them

and find loads with the search function.
    Superstar nanotechs seem seem to be the same as Nukeproof for a fraction of the price. I've got MG1s for the reasons mentioned above.

ButtonMoon

Buy some Five Tens as well! I did the same as you a while ago and the pedals are only half of the equation.

The Five Tens are superb.

Have fun 😛

stevede
    Free Member

Superstar nanos and shimano am40's oh and use the search function, it's a wonderfull tool 😉 there is a topic every day or two on this very subject.

toys19
    Free Member

I've got wellgo v12 copys and 5/10'2 very happy.

stevede
    Free Member

toys19 – i presume you either have small feet or you haven't tried any of the current wide platform slim pedals? Used to run the same combo until i tried a mates nanos, different league. Also cracked my wellgo v12 copies so can't recommend those!

DaddyFool
    Free Member

Blackspire Big Slims/Vans combo for me. Lovely.

coogan
    Free Member

Wellgo B54's, £22. Heres a link too: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5199

Fantastic value and pedal. Got on two different bikes, one set over 4 years old and never been apart. Been awesome. Big platform, grippy and a bargain! What more do you want?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Flat pedals – recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.