Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Turner 5 Spot TNT Vs Gary Fisher Hifi Carbon 26er – Any thoughts please?
  • neiloxford
    Free Member

some further info:

Weight 90kg.

Got a Reba 120mm

Worried about breaking the hifi, so thinking about giving it to my much lighter wife.

khani
    Free Member

Turners are really good… 😀 you might want a 130-140 fork for a 5 spot though..
    That’s it really…

neiloxford
    Free Member

Thanks Khani, that is what I understand. Now just got to decide whether I can make do with the fork or get an ebay bargain

bigdean

My 5 spot is great, have run it for a year with fox 120’s. Just got an ebay bargin set of 36s. Not sure if i prefered it with the steep head angle though.

neiloxford
    Free Member

According to Turner my 2006 model required an axle to crown fork of 501mm, and according to this link the reba has 493mm so not too far out…more investigations required…

http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/forks-complete-axle-crown-lengths-library-470024.html

neiloxford
    Free Member

Bigdean, I see you had the F120 with 491mm axle to crown which is very similar to my Reba with 493mm. What year was your 5 spot please? Why did you change the fork? Seems I might well get away with it.

robowns
    Free Member

Ive got a gary fisher hifi carbon. Havent broken it yet, I was also dubious after reading reviews online but I have the slightly beefed up version from 2009, I think the older models were more prone.

I weigh about 85kg and its been all over, it weighs nothing.

The only problem is the flexy rear end, I solved it by going 9mm bolt through.

neiloxford
    Free Member

Decided to pass on the HiFi to the wife and build up the 5 Spot. Going to be impossible to get close to the weight of the HiFi but the frame should last forever as she only weighs 50Kg 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Turner 5 Spot TNT Vs Gary Fisher Hifi Carbon 26er – Any thoughts please?’ is closed to new replies.