Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • more road than mtb this 'summer'
  • iainc

was reflecting earlier that primarily due to the even crappier than usual west of scotland weather I have been on the road bike waay more than any mountain bike over the past few months. 😥 There were a few days of dusty trails in May I remember, but it seems to have been a pretty steady cycle 😆 of mud, mud and mud. I actually think I prefer muddy trails in the winter to the summer, ‘cos at the moment its warm mud, sweaty and loads of midges….

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Same here. Think- I’ve only been out on my mountain bike about ten times this summer, although I am heading out for a blast when SWMBO gets home from work.

martymac

i havent ridden my mountain bike since about may, just cba cleaning it after every ride so i go out on the cx bike instead. (road tyres on it tho)

montylikesbeer

Not ridden my MTB for about three weeks and have been hacking out on the road bike and loving it.

I’m going up to Skye this weekend and am taking my 5 , looking forward to that though.

cookeaa

I’ve Ridden my commute more on the Road bike but gotten more MTB riding in at the weekends lately so it’s kind of Win/Win in that respect..

Gash weather earlier in the “Summer” meant My SS came in very handy, recent sunshine means I’ve been torn between faster journey times on the Road bike Vs more pleasant amble on the MTB for getting to work, Speed has won out lately being home faster on the Road bike means a little more free time in the evenings and saves wear and tear on the MTB… Plus the lycra makes me feel all sexy… 😳

stanfree
    Free Member

Did fairly frequent night rides in the winter and was getting out at least once a week until I broke my collar bone in May. Bought a cheap road bike to build up my fitness then tore my ligaments on first ride back At Gt. Now selling my hardtail and keeping a full suss and a road bike , though CBA riding the full suss just now.
    I know Its a temporary situation and will be back out on the mtb during the dark nights.

mjsmke

Ive been out on my road bike much more than usual too. I dont mind cleaning mud off the bike in the spring or winter but in the summer its rock solid by the time i get home.

emanuel
    Free Member

ha,other way round for me,not ridden the road bike for about a month.not really been on the road bike reg for about 2months.
    too hot,I go out at 9pm and ride until 2-3am,feel more comfortable doing that on trails than roads.
    don’t live where you do though.

mrmo
    Free Member

ridden the mtb once since mid may, Couple of weeks ago i thought i would try and get one ride in before the weather turns, it had been dry a few days so thought i’d risk it. It could have been worse granted, but not very!

Just going to stick to the road bike for now.

Some point i might have to think what is the point in having a couple of grands worth of mtb doing nothing for months!

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve done a lot more road miles than off-road miles but I don’t see this as a problem. Anyway, the NW of Scotland has actually had a drier year than normal. Maybe you just need to plan your riding a bit further afield.

_tom_
    Free Member

Same here but I’d still ride road more than mtb regardless of the weather due to the lack of fun local off road. Probably done more bmx than mtb this year as well!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘more road than mtb this 'summer'’ is closed to new replies.