Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tubeless with chunky monkey and flow rims 26"
  • Mikeypies
    Free Member

Have any of you guys set up the above combo and if so what did you use (getto or propper kit) and more importantly do they work well and at what pressures

Cheers

carlos
    Free Member

Yup, been running a CM on Flow ex for just over 12 months. Used SS rim tape and valve, proper Stans sealant and went up just fine using a track pump (I did used the inner tube in first for a bit to seat the tape and bead trick).

Works really well for me, I ride a lot in the Peak and also go to Rivvington, Cannock, Gisburn, Wales.

I got the Trail Extreme version (dual compound) and it’s wearing well, good grip in pretty much all conditions except snow, ice and thick gloopy boggy shite. Been running it at around 28psi.

windydave13
    Free Member

Got exactly that setup.

Give this stuff a whirl. Went up first time with a track pump.

Tyre Soap – On One £2.99

trusty

Yep, just using tape and stans sealant. Went up very easily.

br
    Free Member

I use one on a Crest, just use Stans yellow (the right width one) tape and latex.

andymc06
    Free Member

As above. Yellow tape, valves and stans fluid. They are very good tubeless on flows.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Same combo on the front of my hardtail.
    Stans yellow tape/valve/fluid.

Went up fine with a garden sprayer as compressor and a good rub with fairy liquid.

Did have a few problems burping when trying to run at low pressure for grip on Calder-tech stuff (guesstimated 15 – 20 psi)
    Upped the pressure to about 25 psi and it’s been faultless at that.
    6’3″, 13 st, not delicate!

Profile wise, they are massive. Almost fills the fork bridge on my ‘zochi 44 and I can only just fit a muckynutz in there.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

Cheers guys I had a shop try to set it up but had it blow off at 30 psi and said the tyre wasn’t up to it !!.

tomaso
    Free Member

A mate had Smorgasboards burp off twice down a BW at Grizedale.

br
    Free Member

Cheers guys I had a shop try to set it up but had it blow off at 30 psi and said the tyre wasn’t up to it !!.

1 You often don’t need that much to seat a tyre
    2 That presumably was 30psi on THEIR gauge
    3 If you are paying someone to setup your tubeless tyre, how are you going to know how to fix it when you’ve a problem?

nuke

I’ve run CM and Smorgasbord both tubeless on Flow and Crest rims since last summer…all went up very easily and had no burping including in the Alps

Mikeypies
    Free Member

I had a look at the tyre and the shop had fitted cut down gaffer tape but 4mmtoo wide. After fitting 25mm gorilla tape and an old valve it went up to 40 psi with no dramas, just waiting for the arrival of a bolt on Schrader valve from eBay and job done

Cheers for the info guys

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless with chunky monkey and flow rims 26"’ is closed to new replies.