• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Solo.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tubeless rims
  • st

I’m about to get my Pro 2 Hope Hoops rebuilt on new rims and was thinking of going back to tubeless after a few years away.

Can anyone recommend a decent all round alternative to the cack DT 5.1s I have now?

Stans seem a bit pricey at upwards of £70 each.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Mavic XM819

Light, tough, UST

B-_good_effort
    Free Member

Mavic XM819

Light, tough, UST

Aye

househusband

XM819’s thirded.

Nobby

Fourthed.

scruff
    Free Member

baa.

jonb
    Free Member

Are there any other options, do Mavic make the only proper tubeless rims? Everyone else requires you to have some sort of conversion kit? But I assume even converted rims don’r have the structure to hold the bead like UST does?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

sell your existing wheels and buy new hope hoops on stans rims for £255
    mavic 819 rims are tubeless

cynic-al
    Free Member

stans require no conversion kit.

XM819’s £57, stan’s £60-68

I’d be choosing on what kind of rim I wanted rather than price. 819’s are not light but the sidewalls are beefy (stan’s aren’t!)

JPcapel
    Free Member

Have used Mavic 819 tubeless rims on both my bikes for some time now.
    Seem very strong, taking drops up to 5-6ft comfortably – albeit I don’t weigh much – 11stone fully kitted up – not sure how they’d fair with a heavier rider? perhaps others can comment.
    I use Hope ProII hubs on both wheel sets.
    Have just last week changed rims on main bike to Stans flow rims – meant for more heavy duty riding.
    Has meant where 819’s are narrow limiting tyre choice of width up to say 2.2″ before tyres start to role about on rims if riding with lower pressure, Stans flow rims give wider rim so can use wider tyres.
    Stans rim need rim tape to run tubeless tyres but easy to fit and works fine.

Solo
    Free Member

Mavic 819s on DT 240s, Luurrvvly.

Welcome back to tubeless world.

S

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless rims’ is closed to new replies.