Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tubeless Cinders – anyone managed it?
  • blaggers
    Free Member

Tried to mount my Panaracer Cinders (2.25 folding) on stans standard rim strips (Xm317 rims, with 4 wraps of electrical tape under strip) at the weekend, but they were no where near sealing (Couldn’t get bead to seat at all). Tried a pair of 2.1 trailblasters and they popped on first time. Are cinders difficult to use tubeless? Any tips of getting them on?

andyeez
    Free Member

I Fitted same size cinders to 819 rims ok. Had to fit with a tube first, (left overnight) then ease the tube out one side, leaving the other side seated in the rim… pour in some juice and inflate with track pump. Hard going but it worked.

poppa
    Free Member

Stans website used to say that non-UST Panaracer tyres are not recommended for running tubeless. Doesn’t seem to say it any more, not sure why, but it might not be 100% safe.

blaggers
    Free Member

Cheers, they seem to have a slack bead, so move away from the rim easily (I can get them on and off easily with my hands), so perhaps thats why. I’ll leave them for tube use only then.

charlierevell
    Free Member

They fall off most rims so I dont think i’d trust them UST!

PJM1974
    Free Member

I eventually managed it with Stans strips and fluid, but it took me ages to get the sidewalls sealed. My first attempt using Slime fluid failed abysmally.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless Cinders – anyone managed it?’ is closed to new replies.