Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Tubeless argh….Not as in "Castle Argh"
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

So, finally gave tubeless another go. With a big co2 cannister I got the front wheel done. Very pleased with myself. Back wheel pumped up and starting spraying Stan’s jiz all over the grass. So it would appear I have a 3-4mm cut in my tyre. I’m not expecting Stan do fix this. Surely 3-4mm is too big and as soon as I put pressure back in it will squirt out, non?

Now, I’m out of co2 again but I’m assuming I can take the tyre off, stick an inner tube patch on and try again? I have both Lezyne stick on patches and standard patches with glue. Or some Gorilla tape?

Still, chuffed I got one done!

br
    Free Member

You can repair it the way you’ve said, as that’s what you’d do out on the trail. Carry some co2’s from now on.

Best to start with new tyres, and if you always use co2 (look to ebay for cheap packs) it’ll soon work out cheaper to have bought a compressor.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Tell me about it! Seriously looking at getting one, I’ve virtually paid half the price of one. Wouldn’t hurt to keep one in the back of our car for out in the bush and on the beaches.

Still, live n learn eh?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless argh….Not as in "Castle Argh"’ is closed to new replies.