• This topic has 65 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • True Detective
  • badllama
    Free Member

Spoiler alert but this was on one for the other forums I go on

Six Minutes Of Madness – Most Incredible One Shot Scene Ever? (NSFW/Spoiler)

seosamh77
    Free Member

didn’t thnk there was anything weak about it at all really, story was always about them 2 as characters as opposed to breaking open some massive conspiracy(that lots of people have be talking about online ). quite liked the last few lines of dialogue. after all the darkness, a kinda uplifting note to leave it all on imo.

spacemonkey

Just started watching Ep 8 now.

Danny79
    Free Member

It was just that last scene really I’d have prefered it without the uplifting note just feel it would be braver to end without it. I’d rather be left feeling slightly raw than feeling warm and fuzzy.

Sort of like how Disney sanitized Cinderella in the original tale the ugly sisters cut their feet down to size to fit the slipper but are given away by the blood and face a gruesome execution. I don’t want to get too specific cos it’ll give too much away but I felt ideas explored in earlier episodes were sanitized by the last scene.

Other opinions available and equally valid 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

All opinions are valid, I just thought it was good that the 99.9% of darkeness in the show was balanced out a tiny wee bit at 0.1% at the end 😆

spacemonkey

I thought the ending was bang on with just one exception. Won’t elaborate here due to spoilers. Having said that, it is in fact made somewhat (or maybe totally) possible/plausible when referenced by one of the lines 2 mins from the end.

bungle

Alan Pardew could pick up a few pointers from Ep8

batfink
    Free Member

Hmmmm, watching it tonight.
    I’ve been watch House of Cards (US version) over the last week….. late to the party I know, but that’s really good.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Spoiler alert but this was on one for the other forums I go on

And the guy who did the steady cam work was a guy I was at school with 🙂

lazybike
    Free Member

Great show, really enjoyed it, there was something about ep8 that just felt a bit off, sort of rushed, like I said though, still great.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

seen ep1 but have the remaining 7 downloaded for the weekend whilst I’m stepdad sitting.

pk13

I watched the first ep loved it so I “cough cough” found the rest and watched it in one go from start to finish. good tv and cracking performance from woody .

I have to say I could not have watched on a week by week format.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Hmmmmm loved the entire series. Best thing on TV for a while…. But…. Last episode was a little weak. Bit of a let down…… Apart from the dialogue between russ and woody. Awesome show… I think the ending was always going to be a let down.

banks
    Free Member

+1 watching it one go, best way : )

MSP

Watched it this weekend, and found it a bit disappointing. Never seemed sure if it was driven by the plot or the relationship between the two main characters and somehow fell short on both counts.

Ultimately the mystery just wasn’t as “clever” as the scene that was set, the cinematography created the tension and mood, but the script failed to match.

Woody Harrelson was also at best average in it, he was completely out acted by Mcconaughey. That alone just lead to wishing they had spent more time exploring Rust’s dysfunction and back story than they did, and given Harrelson less screen time.

It is good, but it doesn’t come close to living up to the hype and fawning that has been lavished upon it.

sadexpunk

Alan Pardew could pick up a few pointers from Ep8

😀

just finished watching it and im in the same camp. very good, well acted, but i got lost in parts, sometimes cos i just couldnt make out what had been said in that quiet, southern drawl.

very good indeed tho, it was the acting and atmosphere that made it, as i didnt think the story was really up to that much.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Woody Harrelson was also at best average in it, he was completely out acted by Mcconaughey

I thought they balanced each other very well. Two characters of Rusty’s stature would have been overwhelming.

Alan pardew 🙂

schrickvr6
    Free Member

So, Colin Farrel and Vince freaking Vaughn! I thought Mcconaughey was useless until he did TD so I’ll ‘try’ and keep an open mind.

DezB
    Free Member

Colin Farrel is a good actor. S’all in the eyebrows.

Been watching ‘Gomorrah’ in the meantime? Abloutely brilliant.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Have not seen that.

Yeah Farrel is good but can Vaughn play anything besides annoying? Will Ben Stiller be the bad guy? 😉

fasthaggis

Oh FFS ,Vince ‘made of wood’ Vaughn.
    I won’t be watching .

batfink
    Free Member

oh sweet jezus

After the success of the first season, you’d think they could get somebody better than that pair of jokers.

is disappoint

Jamie
    Free Member

Vince freaking Vaughn!

OOoooof! The man who hasn’t made a decent film since Swingers.

…apparently the new director did the Fast and the Furious films. Although, he is only doing a couple of episodes. Several directors on board for the season.

Harumph.

Cougar

Don’t know as I’d know either of them if I fell over them. I saw “Vince Vaughn” and thought “oh, the guy who did Breaking Bad?” …

Jamie
    Free Member

You don’t know who Colin Farrel is?

Behave.

DezB
    Free Member

You don’t know who Colin Farrel is?

Its’ probably fashionable to not like him as he’s a bit of a celeb. Brilliant in Tigerland and that there one that Jamie posted, amongst others.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘True Detective’ is closed to new replies.