Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • Trip Advisor couple 'fined' £100 by hotel for bad review
  • mboy
    Free Member

So hypothetically speaking, if The Broadway Hotel Blackpool looks like a dirty stinking hovel, The Broadway Hotel Blackpool smells like a dirty stinking hovel and The Broadway Hotel Blackpool feels like a dirty stinking hovel, does one need to stay in The Broadway Hotel Blackpool to know it is a dirty stinking hovel or not?

To be fair, this forum is full of people who insist on finding things out the hard way for themselves, though I’m prepared to go with the general consensus on this one…

slowoldman

Interestingly Googling “filthy stinking hovel” shows there are more places than just the Broadway Hotel in Blackpool described as such. Anyway, if I need a room in Blackpool I shall avoid the Broadway Hotel on Burlington Road West.

PrinceJohn

It’s all well and good discussing a disgusting dirty hovel in Blackpool, but wouldn’t it be a nice gesture if trip advisor paid the couple back the money that the Broadway hotel in Blackpool took from them.

nick1962
    Free Member

Isn’t Blackpool a dirty stinking hovel,full stop?

richmtb

First time I’ve heard of this in the UK.

There was a US hotel that tried the same though for weddings

Grauniad Story

It didn’t have the effect they anticipated

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I wonder if anyone was passing say on a stag do they might like to leave a gift on the steps of the dirty stinking hovel? Naked stag in a pool of his own vomit or just take a dump really. Far more effective than voicing your opinions on trip adviser.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Aaaand we’re now the second google result for ‘dirty stinking hovel’, not bad for a story about The Broadway Hotel in Blackpool being a dirty stinking hovel.

RustySpanner

What a shame the Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel.
    So handy for Penmachno too.

Here’s a tip:
    Stay at the Alicia in Sefton Park, Liverpool.
    A lovely hotel, spotlessly clean, excellent food, friendly staff and just a pleasant bike ride away from all the major tourist attractions.

Unlike the Broadway Hotel Blackpool.
    Which, if other people are to be believed, is a dirty stinking hovel.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Pretty much

I am there tomorrow I could nip in …what should I ask them?
    Cycling facilities?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I took a prisoner to his dad’s funeral in Blackpool & even he said ‘The Broadway Hotel, Blackpool, is a dirty stinking hovel’

His very words.

RustySpanner

I am there tomorrow I could nip in …what should I ask them?

Work?

Blackers isn’t too bad midweek.
    Not my ting, but many of the service users love it to bits.

Old couples & grandkids, nice walk along the empty, surprisingly clean beach.
    Wish I’d taken my camera – the faded Victoriana of the piers can be
    pretty awesome close up.

The Tower tour is actually quite good – you can sneak into the ballroom and do a Len if no one’s looking.

Very surprised, I’ve always hated the place with a vengeance.
    Better through a child’s eyes.

Stay away from the Broadway Hotel Blackpool though.
    I believe it’s a dirty stinking hovel.

And get out by sundown – too many God damned vampires.

You popping round for a Blunderbuss?
    We’ve had Spanner Manor rebuilt, but the garage is as welcoming as ever.

Not like the Broadway Hotel Blackpool which is a dirty stinking hovel.

Drac

And get out by sundown – too many God damned vampires.

I thought that was Santa Carla.

mudshark
    Free Member

BBC had a story about this earlier, BBC bloke was saying that customers, potential or actual, have too much power and have threatened hotels with bad reviews to get discounts so perhaps there needs to be some way of dealing with this. Not that the dirty stinking hovel that is The Broadway Hotel, Blackpool are going about it the right way.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I don’t have time to read the two pages of posts. Am I right in thinking “Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel?”

edit: STW is being beaten by the Daily Mail. Oooh! Gotta hurt. C’mon SEO pros!

jambalaya
    Free Member

We should ask ourselves why Trading Standards haven’t inspected this hotel before, it should not be allowed to be open for business.

wrecker
    Free Member

Being shit isn’t against the law though is it? If so bristol rovers football team would all be imprisoned.

Hypothetically speaking, couldn’t just anyone leave a bad review for the “The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel”, on Tripadvisor…

Being curious I signed up and went through the motions for the filthy dirty stinking hovel that is the broadway hotel Blackpool. The terms at the bottom of the form tell you that it is against some pathetic EU law to leave a fraudulent review.

globalti
    Free Member

Most Blackpool hotels are like this. At least it’s got electricity and water though, which is more than you can say for some of the hotels I’ve stayed in in Africa.

mudshark
    Free Member

First world problem then?!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Stay away from the Broadway Hotel Blackpool though. I’ve heard it’s a dirty stinking hovel.

How the hell can they get away with that? Charging people if their opinion isn’t deemed suitable??

The Broadway Hotel Blackpool should up its game, instead of being a dirty stinking hovel. If I was the Broadway Hotel Blackpool I would be concerned that my business is about to be royally screwed.
    As after all with the Broadway Hotel Blackpool being a dirty stinking hovel, it needs all the help it can get!!

P.S

Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel.

bearnecessities

Broadway Hovel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hotel, you say?

igm

Arguably that might be a good review considering the quality of the establishment.

A fair review might have been “money grabbing dirty stinking hovel” and a bad review might not be printable.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

To be fair, this forum is full of people who insist on finding things out the hard way for themselves, though I’m prepared to go with the general consensus on this one…

But what happens if you inflate a dirty stinking hovel to 100psi.

Mosre of a question mark.

martinhutch

went through the motions for the filthy dirty stinking hovel

Unfortunate turn of phrase. 🙂

TBH the couple were obviously aware of tripadvisor’s existence – why didn’t they look it up and see what they were letting themselves in for before handing over a massive £36 for bed and breakfast for two?

johndoh
    Free Member

Page two on Google for ‘Broadway Hotel Blackpool’ now.

And I have just left a Trip Advisor review.

I didn’t say that The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a Dirty Sticking Hovel though.

northernmatt

I had a look at this thread last night and it’s still going now. All because the Broadway Hotel in Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Work?

Yes doing good deeds to the poor and needy

Blackpool is one of those it attracts a certain type. No other town locally has such services for the homeless or addicts or the soup kitchens etc. It’s run down and I cannot see why anyone holidays here or chooses to live here- some great days out though but STAY ….No ta. and certainly not at the stinking Hovel that is the Broadway Hotel in Blackpool

richmtb

My mum occasionally visits Blackpool, but she stays in Lytham.

Not at the Broadway Hotel in Blackpool, that’s a dirty stinking hovel

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

is it me or does the the stinking Hovel that is the Broadway Hotel in Blackpool now actually start to have appeal. Kinda like a reverse marketing idea. its almost a challenge, can you stay there? like going into the jungle. well sort of. appealing but … well … not.

BigDummy
    Free Member

If The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel I’m not going to stay there. Pity.

I like a hotel that isn’t a dirty stinking hovel, but if The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel then that’s rather taken it off the list.

🙂

peterfile
    Free Member

I’m looking for a dirty stinking hovel in Blackpool. Can anyone recommend anywhere?

So far i’ve narrowed it down to:

1. The Broadway Hotel Blackpool

BigDummy
    Free Member

Apparently there are 8 hotels in Blackpool that are more stinky and hovellish, but if you’re looking for a dirty stinking hovel in Blackpool, The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is the standard advice.

igm

I’m going to apologise for this in advance, but…

Does anyone know if the Broadway Hotel Blackpool supplies a crown race with its rooms?

BoardinBob

If Justin Bieber, one direction, iggy azalea or Taylor Swift were looking for a dirty stinking hovel hotel in blackpool would The Broadway Hotel be a good choice?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Welcome to dirtystinkinghoveltrackworld.
    Regular meets at the Broadway Hotel Blackpool. Disappointingly, although googling for “dirty stinking hovel blackpool” does return results for the well known dirty stinking hovel that is the Broadway Hotel, Google Maps doesn’t. Google Maps thinks Central Pier Blackpool is the dirty stinking hovel you might be looking for, not the Broadway Hotel Dirty Stinking Hovel, which as well as being a dirty stinking hovel has the added bonus of helping itself to money from your nice clean credit card.

zokes
    Free Member

The terms at the bottom of the form tell you that it is against some pathetic EU law to leave a fraudulent review.

Not a problem – I live in Australia. Therefore, there are no legal ramifications for me stating the bleeding obvious: that the Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel

hot_fiat

When I’ve had to stay near Blackpool, I’ve always favoured somewhere near Lytham – you get a better class of establishment. Otherwise you run the risk of being put up in a dirty stinking hovel, such as The Broadway Hotel Blackpool

trail_rat
    Free Member

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-32854590.html

ill just leave that dirty stinking hovel there – its the blackpool broadway hotel by the way 😉

scotroutes
    mboy
    Free Member

The phrase “rats deserting a dirty stinking hovel” springs to mind trailrat.

Still it does go some way to explaining the owners’ intentions to rip customers off!

Anyway, by the time this thread is finished, I fear that asking price may be somewhat optimistic… Which begs the question “how many STW subscribers are there, and for £5 each do we all want to own a dirty stinking hovel such as the Broadway hotel in Blackpool as a shared equity venture?”

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

with enough dirty stinking forum postings about hovels…

…anything is posisble.

the power of the internet, brings a tear to my eye, etc.

do you think we can get their dirty £100 stinking refunded with more hovel posts?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Trip Advisor couple 'fined' £100 by hotel for bad review’ is closed to new replies.