Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Trip Advisor couple 'fined' £100 by hotel for bad review
  • duckman

I assume if I read all three pages it will say frequently on page one that
    The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a stinking hovel.
    Then on page 2
    The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a stinking hovel
    Then on 3
    The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a stinking hovel
    Am I correct?

molgrips
    Free Member

So who’s willing to go and stay there for a night to grab some photos and review it for us?

I’ll chip in £2 🙂

Cougar

Wait,

A hotel that “fined” a couple £100 who described it as a “rotten, stinking hovel” in a review is to stop making the charge, trading standards say.

So the Broadway Hotel in Blackpool isn’t a dirty, stinking hovel but rather a rotten, stinking hovel? No wonder Google’s letting us down.

trail_rat
    Free Member

from the concensus on here i reckon its pretty similar to bumbles backpackers in nelson which is most certainly a dirty stinking hovel ……. with a rat problem.

Pieface

They have a lovely facebook page, with a subtly different name –

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Broadway-Promenade-Hotel-Blackpool/146880302032984?fref=ts

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I believe they might have described it as a ‘filthy, dirty rotten stinking hovel’.

Shame on us for misquoting.

convert

Rotton/dirty, stinking and hovel like it maybe but to buy a 46 bedroom building for £375K is a bargain! You’d struggle to buy a 3 bedroom rotton stinking hovel around these parts for that kind of money.

johndoh
    Free Member

I think the owners of the hotel have now learned a very important lesson in the powers of social media.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I believe they might have described it as a ‘filthy, dirty rotten stinking hovel’.

weeksy

£36 for a double… it’s not likely to be wonderful is it.

mudshark
    Free Member

To be fair it is Blackpool

igm

Well a two room, two double bed “suite” with fridge, microwave, hob and breakfast was £88 at the Ibis Styles in Zeebrugge and while basic was clean and pleasant. Oh and swimming pool.

So at £36 for a double, that’s £72 plays £88, and it sounds like that were in different leagues.

PrinceJohn

A lot of people have mentioned customers threatening to call good establishments a dirty stinking hovel on tripadvisor to try a get discounts, surely if that is the case then the proprietor has a right to reply & will make them look slightly silly…

martinhutch

Edit for idiot misreading of post!

Cougar

Well, they were on the tellybox earlier.

Whilst I don’t yet have aromavision, it did appear to be somewhat fallaparty. Even at 30 quid a night, I’d expect the hot tap on the sink to work.

konabunny
    Free Member

to buy a 46 bedroom building for £375K is a bargain!

1) not if it needs £375,000 of work to be a decent hotel and you can’t use it for anything else

2) it’s still in Blackpool

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

if that is the case then the proprietor has a right to reply and will make them look slightly silly…

Indeed they do, and you might want to see how many times the hotel dirty stinking hovel management have replied to the 146 “terrible” reviews

ourmaninthenorth

Am more amused at the fact that the “fine” for the review was to avoid defamatory comments and this thread contains way more!

nuke

So who’s willing to go and stay there for a night to grab some photos and review it for us?
    I’ll chip in £2

Thats a great idea…I’d chip in if someone’s prepared to stay at The Broadway Hotel Blackpool 😀

Sandwich

Of more worry to the owners of the dirty, stinking hovel is the reaction of their card processing service once/if they find out. There are rules about misusing the clients card data once a transaction has been completed, the penalties make £100 look like chicken feed!

CountZero

So, in summing up, then, is it fair to say the Broadway Hotel, Blackpool is a dirty rotten hovel run by muppets?

BigJohn

The Independent’s travel writer, Simon Calder, stayed there (anonymously I think) the other day to see what the fuss was about. He didn’t think it was too bad.

Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Trip Advisor couple 'fined' £100 by hotel for bad review’ is closed to new replies.