Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • Trip Advisor couple 'fined' £100 by hotel for bad review
  • grizedaleforest

Couple fined – got to admire the cheek of the hotel, but I bet this isn’t publicity they want.

midlifecrashes

What? The Broadway Hotel Blackpool, a dirty stinking hovel? I don’t think people would want that repeated on the internet, it might pop up on an internet search.

m0rk
    Free Member

Looking at the tripadvisor page for the hovel, it has some serious 1 star issues going on

grahamt1980

So seeing as they don’t have my credit card details, and also a huge number of peoples on the web……..

Sui
    Free Member

Can’t see how a private company could fine someone for this type of thing, cant be enforced..

footflaps

Well it was in the T&Cs the couple signed when they arrived, so it’s a contract law matter.

grahamt1980

That hotel must be making a fortune out of the fines. Having looked at some of the reviews do you think they should institute a sliding scale.
    Maybe £500 for a terrible rating, down to £100 for a poor one.
    Amazing the place hasn’t been shut down

ampthill

Whether it was legal or not to fine them they had their card details to take the money from

A useful reminder that trust is needed when handing over card details even when the deal is done face to face

thegreatape
    Free Member

The Broadway Hotel Blackpool, a dirty stinking hovel?

Really?

Northwind

I’m going to set up a shit-tip of a hotel and charge £20 a night and £200 a complaint.

martinhutch

Funny thing is there are almost 40 lower-ranked establishments in Blackpool, according to Tripadvisor…

Drac

They seem to think that “The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel”, it’s their opinion if they think that “The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel”. It’s not fair trading if you fine anyone who gives you a bad review for saying such things as “I think that The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel” should be allowed if the customer finds that “The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel”.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ah, but do you get a payout for a good review?
    Can you put a review on Tripadvisor if you haven’t actually been?

Funny thing is there are almost 40 lower-ranked establishments in Blackpool, according to Tripadvisor..

40 lower rankings than a hovel?? Well, it is Blackpool.

Drac, did you say, “The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel”?

hjghg5
    Free Member

Well it was in the T&Cs the couple signed when they arrived, so it’s a contract law matter.

Can’t see it being enforceable against consumers though

trail_rat
    Free Member

Sit in the lobby at a busy time ensuring everyone is aware of this……and a trip advisor review pointing it out……should slow down the numbr of bad reviews by the method of less folk staying 😉

PJ266
    Free Member

It seems a lot of people agree that “The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel”, it’s even been mentioned on this thread once or twice.

Drac

Drac, did you say, “The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel”?

No. The couple in the article said “The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel” I’ve not been so not sure if The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tripadvisor seems to agree with many of the reviews stating that the broadway hotel in blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

They seem to think that “The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel”, it’s their opinion if they think that “The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel”. It’s not fair trading if you fine anyone who gives you a bad review for saying such things as “I think that The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel” should be allowed if the customer finds that “The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel”.

Why do you keep repeating The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel? 😉

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Interestingly, if you put ‘dirty stinking hovel’ into google, the top result is The Broadway Hotel in Blackpool. Seemingly it might we’ll be a dirty stinking hovel, however maybe there is more than one dirty stinking hovel Broadway Hotel in Blackpool?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Not being funny or owt but anyone who books into a hotel with a 2 star rating on Trip Advisor and then complains about it, should be fined £100 for being complete numpties.

P.s. The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel.

martinhutch

Not being funny or owt but anyone who books into a hotel with a 2 star rating on Trip Advisor in Blackpool and then complains about it, should be fined £100 for being complete numpties.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I think it is outrageous that it’s described as ‘The Broadway Hotel Blackpool, a dirty stinking hovel’.It’s an offensive to dirty stinking hovels everywhere to be compared to ‘The Broadway Hotel Blackpool, a dirty stinking hovel’.I am outraged.

piemonster

Whoah I nearly booked at The Broadway Blackpool Hotel, so glad I found this thread about The Broadway Blackpool Hotel. But it turns out The Broadway Blackpool Hotel is a dirty stinking hovel.

Lucky escape from staying in that dirty stinking hovel that is The Broadway Blackpool Hotel.

takisawa2

Hypothetically speaking, couldn’t just anyone leave a bad review for the “The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel”, on Tripadvisor…

And if they don’t have your card details how are they going to Fine you…

Then again, in a test case earlier this year, ParkingEye’s £100 parking charge was ruled not to be a penalty so anyone is fair game for dreaming up fines & penalties.

grahamt1980

How could anyone say “The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel”
    Well obviously the people who stayed there. Its amazing just how many people on trip advisor are saying “The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel” though

bearnecessities

I’m staying at *** *** **** in Blackpool next week. It’s not a dirty stinking hovel. Very nice in fact.

I’d like upgrading please, and a free bar, in the 15 minute edit window 🙂

MrsToast
    Free Member

“Retired van driver, Mr Jenkinson, 63, said: “It was filthy, dirty, rotten, stinking hovel run by muppets.””

Yeah, but tell us how you really feel about the Broadway Hotel, Tony!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Hang on a minute, I remember going in there to see if they had any rooms but on first impressions ‘The Broadway Hotel in Blackpool looked like a dirty stinking hovel’
    I didn’t hang around & found another just up the road.

grahamt1980

We are currently on the third page of google for the Broadway Hotel in Blackpool.
    Surely that isn’t right, I mean we are only going on someone else saying that “The Broadway Hotel Blackpool is a dirty stinking hovel”

maccruiskeen

“It was filthy, dirty, rotten, stinking hovel run by muppets.””

Thank god you at least picked up on the pertinent fact that Broadway Hotel was is filthy, dirty, rotten, stinking hovel run by muppets

Thats why they out rank the other 41 hovels – no muppets. Everythings better with muppets.

Edric64
    Free Member

Broadway Hotel Blackpool ,a dirty stinking hovel? I read that as well

bearnecessities

Talking about Muppets, anyone listen to R2 on a Friday driving home; maybe a bit filthy?

I wish they’d visit Blackpool, although they should be on Broadway. I’d love to stay in a hotel and watch it.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N_tupPBtWQ[/video]

Rorschach
    Free Member

There’s no way Muppets would run Broadway Hotel in Blackpool.I’d heard it was a dirty stinking hovel.
    Maybe this muppet

project
    Free Member

It does seem to have a certain Fawlty Towers appeal about it, Manuel, Get the computer fired up.

Top tip for people staying in Blackpool, avoid anywhere near Manchester square, there used to be a huge storage tank for sewage built underground, and every tide turn youd be woken up by a huge metal grinding banging noise as the sluice door was opened deep underground and thousands of turds made a bid for freedom.

I had the pleasure of staying in a hotel there for a week.

scotroutes

Wouldn’t happen in Scotland.

Not that we don’t have any dirty stinking hovels, it’s just that, unlike the Broadway Hotel in Blackpool, up here it’s illegal to retain someones card details.

Mackem

Can anyone recommend a dirty stinking hovel in Blackpool please.

Cheers.

maccruiskeen

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Top tip for people staying in Blackpool, avoid. anywhere near Manchester square

FTFY

bearnecessities

Can anyone recommend a dirty stinking hovel in Blackpool please.

Kim Kardashian likes the Specialized Roubaix cafe, apparently. Not near the Broadway hovel. In Blackpool.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Trip Advisor couple 'fined' £100 by hotel for bad review’ is closed to new replies.