Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tricross brake help please
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Ayone got a v braked Ticross they can post a pic of? Front view. I just cannot get my V brakes spring back cleanly. New cables don't help. All nicely clean and greased. It's got to be cable routing. Its a xs frame and there is little room between the tape and the noodle. With the cable not attached to the bars all is fine. Just wondering if I have my cable way to long or short. Got a nice smooth curve. A pic of an original setup might help. Ta

Onzadog
    Free Member

I've got a tricross and played about with the brakes a lot. I'm at work so can't post a pic right now. If you've got a pic to post, I'm sure people will pass comments. Silly first thought but is there a lip on the bottom of the pads? If that hooks under the rim they minght not spring back.

wwaswas

Click pics to make bigger, hope it helps;

DJC
    Free Member

No pics to hand, but mine has developed something sticky under the hood. Could be the lever on yours too in some way that's affected by the cable angle?

cp

those **** stupid suicide levers have a lot to answer for with my brakes – after I removed them, previous braking issues dissappeared – no more loose lever rattle & actual power from the brakes…

leftyboy
    Free Member

I've got XT V's on my TriCross and I found that you need to remove the brake, clean the post (on the fork/frame), clean the brake mount and then add a small (very small) amount of grease.

I do ride my TriCross in all weathers and mostly on road so I find you get a lot of crap on the posts over a fairly short period of time, I clean mine about every 8 weeks or so.

HTH

cp

blimey, never had the need to clean the mounting posts that often!!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i sacked the mini Vs off in favour of tektro frogleg style brakes

vast improvement, i could never get the Vs set up satisfactorily and the noodle fouled the mud guards anyway

leftyboy
    Free Member

Hi CP

Yes it's a bit of a pain but riding 5 days a week doing 30 – 50 miles a day on road soon gets the crap building up all over the bike.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Ditched the bar tops ages ago. It's either the cable line, as dictated by the length or possible something inside the lever. If I set it up but don't tape the cable to the bars but let it run in a gentle loop all works fine. Original bars so you would think that the curve under the bar tape would be fine but thats what appears to be the sticky point. Would go to cantis except I am skint. Anyone want to sell some wide cantis? Tried old LX style ones but they were not much cop compared with the V's. Being an XS frame I don't get the judder that some people do. It's got to be me though as they were ok when I got it. (New pads as well.)

ctznsmith
    Free Member

+1 for mrmichaelwright this was my solution as well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tricross brake help please’ is closed to new replies.