Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Trek Remedy 7, YT Capra AL or YT Jeffsy
  • chrisrobs
    Free Member

Looking at long travel full susser. All my riding is done in The peaks and I want something that will be a good all rounder. Currently riding a Specialized camber which is great but I want more travel for the descents.

Ive narrowed it down to the following 3 but cant decide which. Open to suggestions either 650b or 29er. Budget will stretch to just over 2000.

https://www.evanscycles.com/trek-remedy-7-27-5-2017-mountain-bike-EV283476

https://www.yt-industries.com/en/detail/index/sArticle/616/sCategory/509

The jeffsy looks a good all rounder and the price is too good to dismiss.

https://www.yt-industries.com/en/detail/index/sArticle/541/sCategory/92

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I think the Capra is very different to the other two. It’s basically a mini downhill bike .

RicB

Friend of mine just bought a Jeffsy and it’s a lovely bit of kit. Delivery within a week and great to ride.

Sadly he didn’t spot the brakes are set up euro- front lever on the left, and had a fairly major otb on his first ride!

He looked at Capra vs Jeffsy and figured the Capra is too much bike unless half your riding is uplift assist; dragging a Capra round the peaks would be pretty grim I suspect and the Jeffsy is very, very capable. It’s effectively a SC Hightower for much less money.

jruk
    Free Member

In true STW style I’ll ignore what you’ve narrowed it down to and recommend what I ride, a Bird Aeris. 140/150mm travel out back, up to 160mm on the front. Great for messing about or full-on big days out.

Or a Jeffsy if you want a great bike with big wheels and a daft name.

chrisrobs
    Free Member

Bird Aeries looks good. Is the capra that bad on the climbs? Its actually lighter than the entry level jeffsy.

chrisrobs
    Free Member

Bird Aeries looks good. Is the capra that bad on the climbs? Its actually lighter than the entry level jeffsy.

RicB

It’s not just weight- angles etc are slacker so it won’t go uphill as well. Having said that I’ve seen loads of Capras flying around trail centres so they are perfectly rideable as an all day bike!

Buy a bike that suits 80% of your riding

chrisrobs
    Free Member

So much choice which is great but annoying too. Im not too bad on the climbing and can get up most ascents in the dark peak. Prefer to have something that can ascend really well and just chug up the climbs.

slackboy

Isn’t there some sort of local bylaw that you have to buy a Cotic Rocket if you need a long travel bike for the peaks?

I’ve got a Capra CF and it climbs fine great – the climb switch on the Lyriks and Monarch Plus help, but it’s widely reported to be a suprisingly good climber considering it’s travel and angles.

He looked at Capra vs Jeffsy and figured the Capra is too much bike unless half your riding is uplift

Nonsense, it’s a perfect bike for the Peak

bgascoyne
    Free Member

I have a Capra CF -having come from a stumpjumper it did initially feel like a bit of a tank to pedal uphill but I got used to it pretty quick and now I can ride all day – hills, trails etc no problems. The down hill performance more than makes up for the little bit of extra effort.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d go for the Jeffsy if you’re confident it’ll fit.

Probably quicker than either of the other options 99% of the time in the Peaks.

chrisrobs
    Free Member

Yeah Ill need an XL but they only have that for the entry spec which is quite weighty.

Think im going to click and collect on the Trek Remedy from Evans.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Trek Remedy 7, YT Capra AL or YT Jeffsy’ is closed to new replies.