Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Trek EX sizing?
  • bowglie

Are there any 6' tall EX owners out there, if so, what size frame are you riding?

FWIW, I'm 34" inside leg (oo-er missus and all that).

Ta.

solamanda
    Free Member

I'm 6ft1, 34" inside leg and ride a 2009 19.5" EX. I was alittle sceptical about the sizing even after test riding a bike as I prefer smaller frames coming from a 4x/dh background. However I've found it ideal with a shorter stem. Even feels comfortable for the odd jumpy stuff…

jimw
    Free Member

I am 6'2" with a 2009 19.5" frame. I also have put on a shorter (70mm) stem and find it just right. They do come up long in the top tube but I realy like mine as it is now set up and would recommend it
    A friend of mine is 6" and also rides a 19.5"- he also likes the longer cockpit haveing ridden mine a few times and tried an 18.5" as a demo. Best thing is to try and get a ride I would say.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nuke

This thread has a few responses that may help…

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/trek-fuel-ex-ownersyour-height-and-frame-size-please#post-1076274

FWIW I'm 5'9" and went with a 18.5" EX8

Wibble89
    Free Member

I'm 6', and 32" inside leg and have a 18.5 EX. Though I'm using a lay back seat post to help get the length right, So the 19.5 could have been better for me. Worth giving them a test if you can.

bowglie

Thanks for the replies. I'd got a bit confused over the actual and virtual frame sizes, so I'm glad I asked. Think I'll probably try an get a ride on a 18.5 and 19.5 to compare.

p.s. glad to hear that changing to shorter stem suits the bike. Thought the standard one looks a bit long – & personally, if I'm between sizes, I normally prefer larger frame and shorter stem.

p.p.s. nice 'action photo' btw

camster
    Free Member

I'm 5'11'' and have an 18.5 which is perfect for me. I took a demo out for a weekend and it helped me decide as I was plumping for a 19.5.

I hope that helps!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

5'10" and 18.5" is spot on!

bowglie

Well, I was dead lucky and managed to get a short back to back test ride on an 18.5 and 19.5 today. Personally, I found the 19.5 a bit more confidence inspiring going down steps and off (smallish!) drops, and nice and stable/well balanced for carving turns – though I liked the 'flickability' of the 18.5, and it was a bit easier to get my hips over the back. I did feel a bit more sat 'in' the bike on the 19.5 – I guess due to longer wheelbase? Hmm..decisions decisions 😕 I guess I'm really going to have to think exactly what I want the bike for.

What I did find a bit odd feeling on both bikes was the stem, it felt really long. Noticed that someone has mentioned fitting a 70mm stem – sounds like a good idea.

Bloomin' brilliant bike BTW.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trek EX sizing?’ is closed to new replies.