Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Travel reducer fox float
  • smatkins1
    Free Member

I want to remove the travel reducer in my fox float fork. I’ve removed the lowers and I’ve removed the air spring top cap.

I was expecting the damper assembly to just slide out the top, but it isn’t sliding anywhere and I’m reluctant to use much force.

Should the damper assembly just slide out? or does it need a bit of a push?

It’s a 2013 160mm Fox Float 34.

michael1275
    Free Member

If you already have the lowers off. Undo the top large nut 24mm I think should just all slide out

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I was expecting the damper assembly to just slide out the top, but it isn’t sliding anywhere and I’m reluctant to use much force.

It’ll just push out from below. You’ll need a drift though, I use a bit of wooden dowel. The seals get stuck on the top cap internal thread. Just push. It’ll go. 🙂 I’ve done 2 sets today, trust me!

Remember 5cc of float fluid above the piston when you reassemble.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Need to do this on my forks soon.
    Do you really need to remove the lowers or can you just remove the top nut and then compress the forks to push the bits out?

I’m after some travel reducers to shorten some Float 36 forks from 150mm to about 100mm.
    Let me know if you get them out and want to sell them.

smatkins1
    Free Member

Turns out the video I was watching was a bit old, this one slides out the bottom. Had to remove a circlip first and needed the assistance of a drift.

Also turned out there wasn’t even a travel reducer in there. The guy who sold me the forks told me a shocking lie!

ChrisI

I think the max travel on the 34s is 160mm, so makes sense there is no reducer. What did you think it would go upto?

I have 34’s reduced down to 150mm to match my SB66c, which I might remove for an Alps trip later in the year, in which case I expect there to be a 10mm spacer (Mojo spaced it down for LBS).

smatkins1
    Free Member

I was under the impression it had been reduced to 150mm. But apparently not.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Travel reducer fox float’ is closed to new replies.