Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Who's out riding Xmas Day ?
  • simmy
    Free Member

Last year I ended up replacing both tubes after blasting through some thorns 😳 so hoping not to repeat that.

Probably just a local XC blast, don’t wanna risk the hungover stressed out idiots on the road.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

me and the gf are planning on spending a couple of hours up around rivi at some point during the day, yeah.

MoreCashThanDash

Depends how tense it gets between my wife and my mother. Might need to take kids out to check over their new bikes….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    toxicsoks
    Free Member

I am……to work.

scotroutes

See what the mornings weather is like. Thoroughly unpleasant here at the moment!

aracer
    Free Member

I was going to suggest that the roads are quiet on Xmas day (hence last year I went for a unicycle ride on roads I wouldn’t normally ride that on), but then I remembered I did once have an altercation with a small bloke in a car on Xmas day – actually the only time I’ve ever had somebody step out of a car. I was told that I didn’t help that I laughed at him when I saw how little he was and wanting to square up.

steelfan
    Free Member

GF and I are spending it on our own this year and will probably pop over to Leith Hill for a couple of hours.

andrewh
    Free Member

Only on the road bike, but yes.
    Two days you really have to train, christams and your birthday

tomhoward

I wish, staying with the whole family, having left my family of bikes 50 miles away. There may be blood spilled this festive period. 👿

alwillis

Hopefully get out on the road bike with the GF- the joys of having Xmas by ourselves 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Half hoping to get a lap of Swinley Forest bike trail tomorrow morning before my Sister’s tribe surfaces. I have my bike. I live in hope.

Kuco

Quick blast on the road in the morning.

manitou
    Free Member

I shall be riding from West London through central London and over to Sarf London to my sister in laws on xmas day

aracer
    Free Member

I think Maria probably will be:

http://www.whiteicecycle.com/

spuddle
    Free Member

Ill be riding to my Grandads grave and back, taking the 50 mile scenic route, there and back is only 20

transporter13
    Free Member

Hopefully

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Buzz – I will be out 6.15 for a blast of blue before kids wake up. If you see me on an orange 69er say hello 🙂

sleepless
    Free Member

yep, son has new xc bike so we are tootling from ours, around Eskdale, wasdale and mitredale, then dinner at friends home.

rOcKeTdOg

Me & OH will be out delivering presents by bicycle tomorrow 🙂

velomanic
    Free Member

Hope to escape for a couple of hours in the morning, borrowing my Dad’s road bike as Christmas is ‘away’ this year.

MartynS

Yep,
    GF and I doing a local loop, taking some mulled wine for part way round, (it’s her birthday as well..)
    then home for roast goose for two…cannot wait!!!!,

tollah
    Free Member

Local loop with a mate and meeting the wife and the dog with a flask at the top of the hill 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

I’m going for a 5 mile run along the beach instead.

Can’t beat it really.

Drac

Nope I’m off which is rare so spending it with me wife and kids, probably be working the next few years so it’s my last chance for awhile to enjoy it.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Will be down the FOD and will be able to park in the proper car park for a change 😆

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Absolutely 🙂 I’ll be out on the road bike before dawn – I find it the most serene and reflective ride of the year, so have made a habit of it in recent times. Probably only be out for an hour, but I’ve been looking forward to it for yonks. Which given my general meh feeling towards Christmas is no bad effort.

Pembo
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash – Member

Depends how tense it gets between my wife and my mother. Might need to take kids out to check over their new bikes….

I know what you mean MCTD, it’s like walking along a tightrope.
    Hope to get out for an hour in the morning for a bimble around Delamere.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yup. Vowed to at least cycle the 20 mile ‘hilly by our standards’ route for a lunchtime beer in Oxford.
    And 20 miles to the folks’ house on Boxing Day.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Yup!

Road ride up the scenic Conwy valley in the morning on my own – a time to just appreciate how lucky I am to be healthy and live in such a beautiful place.

Mountain biking fun in the afternoon with my BF – playing around on Conwy mountain and keeping warm with some mulled wine 🙂

Sometimes it’s good to not fit in with the ‘norm’!

Whatever you’re doing, wishing you all a happy Christmas 🙂

rickmeister

Yep, will be out armed with home made soup and Schnaps…

allyharp

Usually go out for a local blast, but this year I’m loaded with a cold that I’m hoping to shift for a bigger ride on the 27th so think it’s best to remain indoors and relax.

wonderchump
    Free Member

Out on local trails whilst wending my way to Huddersfield Crematorium with the wife – Respects paid to the dear departed before coming home and counting our blessings by entertaining the rest.

Esme
    Free Member

My turn to choose this year, so Roddlesworth Woods and Darwen Tower for us – with a picnic at the tower 😀

crapjumper
    Free Member

Jammy feckers !! I had surgery yesterday afternoon for golfers elbow so won’t be even looking at my bike for a couple of months . Bah humbug !

Nope – Christmas day is all about family for me, not riding!

cynic-al
    Free Member

10 mile run.

schmiken

I’ve just been out for a night ride so I can spend Christmas at home.

SamB
    Free Member

Yep – short 2 hour blast on the roadie before breakfast, then we’ll crack on with present opening when my sister and her fiancé arrive. Quietest day of the year, it’s positively a pleasure to be out on the road 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Defo. Dalby 1st thing then pop across to Swaledale for an 18 miler from Reeth, inc Fremington, Langthwaite, The Moon, Gunnerside & so on…

Not.

mcnultycop

Hour on the new roadie before people get round ours I reckon.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Who's out riding Xmas Day ?’ is closed to new replies.