Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Transporting a bike inside a car upright….
  • cookeaa

Thanks for the pic’s stumpy (that’s a very attentive cat) that arrangement is pretty much what I’m gonna try, a mate at work apparently has some spare ply (1200 X 600 X 12mm he reckons) which should be bob on, I’m considering my options for supporting the rear end, wheel in (preferred) Vs wheel out (less space claim) and weather to support the stays or BB or indeed just have some blocks for wedging the back tyre into…

Looking at yours I reckon your focus has probably got more a touch head room than My Golf which has a flush load platform, but I have a good deep boot I may need to get “innovative” I would like to keep the flush load tray in but if it has to come out then so be it…

Cheers for that…

stumpy01

HA HA – the attentive cat is a garden ornament given to us by the (almost) out-laws so has to be positioned in the garden or there'll be questions.
    A friend thought it looked more like a stunned ferret or meerkat!

It's a Seat Ibiza, not a Focus that this is stuck in and the headroom is pretty tight. I'd have thought that the Golf would have a bit more headroom than mine. I initially wanted to position the bike more to the right but the slope inside towards the window meant taht the handlebars clashed with the ceiling.
    I'd like to be able to keep the back wheel in, but there's not enough room length-wise to do so.
    On the new bike, it's even tighter as the bike seems a bit longer. When I mod the QR mounting point I'll be moving it further forward to give me another couple of inches.
    The rear mount was made in a rush with the limited tools available. Ideally I'd re-do it and make it such that the rear drop-outs line up with another QR. I need to spend a weekend messing about with it again really.

Oh and both the old & new stumpjumper need their forks 'turning down' to fit in. The Reba's from 115-85mm & the Fox from 140-100mm. They probably would go in with them left fully extended, but there'd be a heap load more roof lining scrapage.

I'll probably post some more pics up when i finally get round to tinkering with it.

carbon337
    Free Member

dragging this one back for a quick update.

here is my modified Pendal adapter part on a custom bracket.

Bracket needs cleaned up a bit and sprayed. I can now swap the gold bit for a 9mm or 20mm adapter in the future.

I intend to screw it onto a wider bracket backed in velcro that will stick to the carpet in the boot.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Transporting a bike inside a car upright….’ is closed to new replies.