• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Taz.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Transport to Megavalanche from Geneva?
  • theweazel
    Free Member

I have a friend coming to meet us at megavalanche. He is flying into geneva on the 11th. Is anbody coming somewhere near who he could possibly get a lift wit?

We have his bike so it will just be him and a small bag, failing that has anybody done a similar trip and could advise the best way to get from geneva to alp d huez?

Cheers

kimbers

you can certainly bus it from grenoble airport- ive done the same trip before for the mega and im willing to bet theres a bus/train from geneva to grenoble too

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Cool bus do it I think.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Train from the airport to Grenoble (you might have to change in town) then bus station is next to the train station direct to Bour d Ossian then meet them there or taxi or another bus up the hill. French were fine with bike bag on the train.

kimbers

oh yeah arrange pick up from bourg b4 hand! I got an earlier bus and couldnt get hold of my mates so tried to hitchhike to the resort until a passing uplift bus driver took pity on me!

Taz

The bus service is excellent. Did it a couple of times now. Train is a royal faff in comparison

Bus from Geneva to Grenoble – 2 hours pretty much non stop (think it stops once in Champery)

Then either Grenoble to AdH or Bourg D’Oisan (those are more regular so I would do that then taxi, pick up or another bus up the ‘hill’)

It is so easy it is a pleasure (almost) and puts our public transport to shame. Very reasonable price also

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Transport to Megavalanche from Geneva?’ is closed to new replies.