Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Transition trans AM. What are they like ?
  • slightreturn
    Free Member

Hello. Im considering the transition trans am.
    I sat on one in a shop which felt good on a 29 wheel, but have never ridden one out on trial.
    Does anyone have one to shed some light. I live in Peak District area. So a good mixture of terrain.

Thanks

davros

MBR did a long-term test last year so there may be something on their website. I think MBUK are currently doing the same.

Not ridden one myself but those reviews should help you.

jambalaya
    Free Member

My lbs stocked Transition back in 2012/3 and the TransAm was well liked and frame looked well made. I considered one to go alongside my Covert, in the end I went for a Cotic as I decided I wanted a British steel ht. Not really the feedback you where looking for but Transition is a quality brand with a loyal following and Inwouod trust an updated TransAm although personal preference would be for smaller wheels than 29

thepodge
    Free Member

Never ridden one but would love to

ratherbeintobago

although personal preference would be for smaller wheels than 29

They do make a 650B Trans Am too – LBS had a frame in a while ago.

funkmasterp

I’ve got a 2014 one in that lovely orange. Best steel hardtail I’ve owned, good all rounder and a bit like a Tonka truck. It’s a size medium and I’m based in Macclesfield if you fancy throwing your leg over one?

I bought it stock from LeisureLakes and I’m slowly upgrading it. If I were to compare it to anything else, I’d say it’s a more well rounded Bfe (only my opinion of course) and it just feels solid and fun to ride.

Hope that helps?

CheesybeanZ

Funkmasterp , how tall are you ?

funkmasterp

5ft 9″ or thereabouts with a 31.5″ inseam. I went for the medium as I wanted a bike I could use for all day riding when needed. I run it with a 50mm stem and it’s a comfy position.

I tend to fall between sizes, but generally feel comfier with a bit more room.

darrenspink
    Free Member

They’re heavy man.

funkmasterp

Keeps you fit though 🙂 and to be honest it’s not something I’ve noticed whilst riding it. Feels more solid than heavy.

thebadabing

Transition TransAM 29 longterm review

I looked at them, decided for a Stanton Sherpa in the end. The transam does look good though. I had an issue with my patrol and in country support has been difficult, in the end I had to go directly to transition in the US…not a big problem but just took a while to sort out.

funkmasterp

How’s the Sherpa? I looked at one before getting the Trans am, Stanton do make some lovely looking bikes. The geometry on the Trans (and price) won out in the end though.

transition1
    Free Member

just to throw another frame in the mix.
    i just bought a Ragley Big Wig frame in blue, it replaced my Stanton Switchback. Similar geometry but twice as fast, great for general trail riding only done a few rides on it but quickly becoming one of best bikes have had & never thought i would Ever own a 29er before..

thebadabing

Sherpa is brilliant and the company is a great small outfit. The geometry and design seem perfect for me, I pick the Sherpa over my patrol on most rides now…just easier and quicker.

ceepers

I have one of last years 650b ones in medium. I’m 5’7. Built up from frame, superstar wheels, reverb, 130mm Rev 50mm stem

It replaced a 26 soul. It’s fairly heavy – heavier than the soul but I only ride it for two hour local blasts and it’s not an issue unles you are obsessed with your uphill strava times.

Downhill it’s ace, feels really capable, much more confident than the soul. It’s fast according to strava and feels fun to whip around. Been good at Haldons surfaced trails too.

All in all a good bargain buy from merlin!

ceepers

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Transition trans AM. What are they like ?’ is closed to new replies.