Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Going 1 x 10 on the road bike – am I mad?
  • piemonster

And how fit is fit? Elite? 1st cat? Pro?

My mates fitter than your mate so there!!!!!

😛

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

😆

We could compare w/kg?

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Oh, back to the OP.
    1x drivelines on roadie ish bikes are pretty common round here, it’s one less thing to freeze. If you haven’t got a choice of front rings, you size your cassette to suit.

If you suddenly lose the use of your front mech, you’re stuffed…… (it’s not that hilly round here, but a 50/52/53 isn’t really a climbing gear!)

Most are using 42/44/46 ish with something like an 11-32 bodged together with MTB kit.

chakaping
    Free Member

, it’s one less thing to freeze. If you haven’t got a choice of front rings, you size your cassette to suit.

If you suddenly lose the use of your front mech, you’re stuffed……

You’re not a proper rider until you’ve done a wee on a front mech to get it moving again.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Club rides wouldn’t be much fun, stopping at the bottom of every hill, then again at the top…… it gets a bit cold out here in the winter.

avdave2

I’d like an 11 speed 11-40 x 42 set up for my general riding about bike.

chakaping
    Free Member

Club rides wouldn’t be much fun, stopping at the bottom of every hill, then again at the top…… it gets a bit cold out here in the winter.

I guess aiming can be difficult when you’ve developed an “innie”.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

“Aim” would be pushing it. Trying not to piss down your leg is the only requirement……..

seanthesheap
    Free Member

My first road bike had 42 / 52 rings and a 12-23 cassette, now i live in Leicestershire so not a hilly place really, and found those gears fine, so you should be ok with a 42 ring and a mtb cassette at the back.

Just for the record though, i would rather keep the double and fit a closer ratio cassette.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Going 1 x 10 on the road bike – am I mad?’ is closed to new replies.