Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Transferring iTunes files from Mac to PC
  • Cullen
    Free Member

The last piece in my IT puzzle is complete and I have a new Apple iMac.

It’s all new and the software’s up to date and now almost managed to transfer my iTunes media over to the Apple.

I updated both versions of iTunes. Then consolidated the files and copied them to the Mac. Then I told iTunes where to look for the folder. Easy enough. Apparently not. As things stand iTunes is not picking up the music from the transferred library.

Anyone smarter than me got any idea how to get the music library working on the Mac?

Thanks

clubber
    Free Member

It should “just work” TM 😉

If miraculously it doesn’t:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1449

Cullen
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply. The process I’ve followed is exactly the one described in the page you linked. Sadly it’s not working.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    clubber
    Free Member

You’re wrong. Macs always work 😉

No doubt there’ll be a fanboi along soon enough to prove me right 🙂

hughlovittt
    Free Member

I know when I moved from a PC to a Mac I used a program called “senuti” to move all my music files to the MAC if its any help. You will need an external drive / ipod to do this though.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I used a piece of software called mediarover to transfer all the files from PC to mac, mine were a weird combination of doing it in batches with some preexisting files on the mac and it combined the lot into a single library. Took a long time but I ended up just running it overnight.

I think you could probably do it manually be editing the itunes library xml file if you fancy that approach.

Cullen
    Free Member

The Mac’s bound to be right…

Good advice about Senuti – 1,000 songs transferred from my phone to the iMac for free 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

Er, how about you just call Mac support? You get 90 days free telephone support when you buy one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Transferring iTunes files from Mac to PC’ is closed to new replies.