Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • TrailAddiction or The White Room – Anybody used them, heard good things?
  • j.anstee
    Free Member

Hi,

Looking at booking a riding hoiday this summer with a few friends for some alpine singletrack action. Have narrowed it down to these two companies as seem to offer what we want/need.

If anyone has used or heard things about either could you please say what you think.

Thanks in advance.

muddy_fox
    Free Member

I've been with Trailaddiction before. They are great guys.

Going back again this year 'nuff said. 8)

nodrog2
    Free Member

You can't go wrong with trailaddiction

cynic-al
    Free Member

Can't go wrong with WhiteRoom – not used anyone else though.

TheSwede
    Free Member

+1 for trail addiction.

nickegg
    Free Member

+1 for White Room. Went with them last September and returning this year as well.

Heard good things about Trail Addiction too but went with the White Room as they seemed more appealing, cheaper and we preferred the sound of their Backcountry weeks. Stevo and Iona are possbily the nicest people we've ever met and were so easy to get along with.

We're not really interested in going in the height of the summer.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

+1 for the white room. great chalet and amazing food.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

TrailAddiction are great, the trails are pretty quiet in comparison to say Morzine and don't expect the bars full of heavy drinking british downhillers (quite a bonus to me).

i really want to go back 🙁

ojom
    Free Member

White Room every time.

Plus Steve is the only properly qualified guide…
    You also get a discount code from them to use with us when you book a holiday.

Great wee business they have there. Super nice people.

inbred

Did trail addiction on 2008 had a fantastic holiday

Trails were amazing so much variation could spend week there and not ride same trail twice. Saying that some of the trails have to be riden more than once

Food was great, accomidation top notch. hospitality great.

want to go back this year but new arrival to family, hopefully next year.

Ewan
    Free Member

Been to trail addiction twice. Fantastic company and amazing riding, can't recommend highly enough.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Done TA twice, going back for a 3rd time this year.

steveh

TA all the way. They've been in the area much longer than the white room guys and were the first company in the area doing mainly lift assisted holidays. The chalet is fantastic, food to die for and the trails are great. I've been a couple of times before and will go again.

Gary_C

Another recommendation for trailAddiction here.Been there twice,stayed in 'The Goat Shed' & as said above,the food is fantastic.
    Gordy & Sophie are top hosts!

The village,Peisey Nancroix is very quiet to say the least,but it suited our group fine,as after a great days riding,plus a fantastic meal every night,the last thing we wanted to do was go out on the lash!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

There's a last night lash up with TA that I can't remember much about! 😉

Gary_C

Ah well…the last nights different as you're not up & out riding the following day….

😀

coogan
    Free Member

Been with The White Room and going again this year. As above, great trails, chalet, food and cake. Don't think you could really go wrong with either for riding to be honest.

Rickos
    Free Member

I've been with the White Room and can say they are ace. And all the booze is in the price, no, really it is!

ojom
    Free Member

The other guides in the area phone Steve for route advice, i think he knows all the best stuff out of the way…

And Rick is right, we tried hard to get through the booze, we really did but we didn't hit target.

steveh

From what I've heard steve went on a TA holiday and GPS'd all the trails he was shown before he set up the white room…

coogan
    Free Member

*remembers red wine fueled scrabble giggles*

fogliettaz
    Free Member

If you cannot make your mind up with who to go for my apartment in Ste Foy is vacant. Trails in both Ste Foy and Les Arcs are great Tines and Val d'Isere are also only 20 minutes from Ste Foy.

unstableJ
    Free Member

Booked with TrailAddiction in July following a number of recomendations, can't wait…

juiced
    Free Member

been with TA a few years ago. Had a fantastic time. Everything and everyone was superb!

pedalhead
    Free Member

I'm booked with TA for end of June/July for their "Backcountry" week. Can't wait!

allthepies
    Free Member

fogliettaz – I take it you know your chalet www page is borked ?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

some beautiful trails out there have been ripped to shreds through big groups of FRers on big bikes with big brakes.

🙁

nickegg
    Free Member

So what if TA were there first 🙄

Why would Stevo need to GPS the routes! Most are clearly marked on maps.

Thats some strange comments you've made there Steveh.

fogliettaz
    Free Member

all the pies, The site is being moved to a new server today and should be up and running tomorrow.

robarnold
    Free Member

Also consider Bike Village. Based in the foot of the valley below where TA work out of, the Sam, Lyndsey, Tom and co have a thirst for epic singletrack, amazing food and cherry tree hammock lazing in the evenings. They've been doing it ten years so know just about every inch of singletrack within about fifty square miles and in some cases, beyond. Being in the foot of the valley also has it's perks: always down hill all the way home! There's even a piece of singletrack that ends at the end of the garden and you pass through a gate made of a Cove and a GT to get back in!

Worth a look, anyway

bikevillage.co.uk

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Nickegg – yep, trails are marked on maps, people still GPS them so they can find them again easily and in the best combination? Why bother going guided at all if its that easy?

Some of the back country routes don't have too distinct start points and aren't that well marked from what I remember. Paths covered with layers of pine needles they're that untouched.

Been with TA and would go again – as per all the other comments, good food, comfortable accomodation and superb riding. They'll tailor it to suit all abilities. Excellent!

TP_Melissa
    Free Member

You're gonna have a good time whichever company you go with, they're both in the Tarentaise Valley afterall… best valley for biking in the Alps that I know of.

I think that tA are somewhat better placed that WR. Being in Peisey (on the picturesque side of Les Arcs lift system) gives tA a choice of whether to ride uphill from the door, ride down from the door, use lifts only (FROM THE DOOR), use a combination of lifts and pedalling, etc, etc, you get the idea… it's lift-accessed stuff, but on the edge of the backcountry, resulting in basically endless possibilities as to what a riding day could entail, and catering for all possible tastes.

Sainte Foy where White Room are is lovely, and the riding is all good but there's no lift-accessed stuff at all because of the fact that the lifts don't operate there in Summer… bit of a mission in the van to get to the nearest lift which runs…. pedalling is of course great, but a mixture of pedalling and lifts is the best IMHO 🙂

mr_p

Another vote for White Room, amazing riding, great cakes and v friendly hosts.

balfa
    Free Member

Sainte Foy where White Room are is lovely, and the riding is all good but there's no lift-accessed stuff at all because of the fact that the lifts don't operate there in Summer… bit of a mission in the van to get to the nearest lift which runs…. pedalling is of course great, but a mixture of pedalling and lifts is the best IMHO

Rubbish! The lifts run in Sainte Foy in summer too. Granted there may not be as many.

TP_Melissa
    Free Member

Rubbish! The lifts run in Sainte Foy in summer too.

Really? straight from the Sainte Foy website, mountain biking page:

No chairlifts, instead 2 8-place shuttles using 4×4 vehicles and bike trailers to link 5 key points in the area…

Yorkshire_Lad
    Free Member

Went with TA last year, everything was incredible. One of the trails finishes in the chalets garden where there is a fridge packed with ice cold beers. 😀

nickegg
    Free Member

Well…the fact is there are 3 great companies to choose from and more than enough riding for all.

I can also confirm that Ste. Foy most certainly do not run any chairlifts during the summer. I recall Stevo telling me that it takes a team of 6-8 to run a chairlift due to the having enough people to evacuate in case of an emergency!

nickegg
    Free Member

BTW You can ride singletrack from the White Room door too 😀

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Another vote for the White Room here. The location is more chilled in my opinion plus as someone said there are trails from the Chalet door. Don't think you can go wrong with either company really.

But Stevo and Iona get the nod from me.

hainey
    Free Member

I think all the holiday companies out there offer pretty good packages, lets be honest if they didn't then they would go out of business.

My vote is like most for TrailAddiction. I have been out there since they began and been going every year since. Phenomenal holiday hosts, great chalets and great food as already said.

I think the big difference is that the TA guys have spent years researching the area and finding all the trails that no one else knows about. I think there was a comment above about all the trails being clearly marked on the maps – well thats fine if you want to ride with everyone else but the best trails are those that aren't marked on the maps!

I will be going with TrailAddiction again this year as they NEVER fail to disappoint, also have trails directly from the door and a great bar on the way back to the chalet for chilled afternoon beers on the balcony. Bliss.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘TrailAddiction or The White Room – Anybody used them, heard good things?’ is closed to new replies.