Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Trail dogness
  • qcamel
    Free Member

I am a dog keeper and love for nearly 40 years now and am very happy in their company or when approached by them. I have had well trained dogs and I am not too proud to say unruly dogs and occasionally the same dog has been both. I would argue till my last breath about rights and care and respect for dogs/animals but really must agree with the gist of TJ’s points.

People should be able to go about their daily lives without approach from other peoples dogs, as already stated i have no issue, but I know my wife is very nervous around dogs and an unsolicited approach causes her great concern. However many times I or the keeper say its OK it does not alleviate her distress. Nor when the friendly pooch next doors says hi in the morning and dirties my trousers before work thus making me late…

Dogs are lush, but sadly very often we let them down……They need a better PR department…

trout
    Free Member

I feel real Sorry for Idave to have his chips Pissed on when he was so joyfull to have been out with his new trail hound .

Im with you Idave keep enjoying the Hound .

The fun seems to be leaving the forums must be the darkness .
    Lighten up you misserable gits

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve always agreed with TeeJ on his dogs thing. He knows this too. He just can’t stop himself.

donsimon
    Free Member

It is not tricky work to Convert DjVu to PDF

But what I want is to change deja vu into a prediction, can you do that?

scruff
    Free Member

My dog doesn’t have rights but he has a leather sofa, which he is quite happy about.

iDave, shall we go for a man & dog ride together over Winterval ?

TJ, as font of all knowledge I’m sure you know dogs have played a massive role in civilization, from guarding livestock to fetching prey, ceremonies, guide dogs etc and they even relieve stress and can make folk live longer- dog lovers over millennia have taken humanity forward, those who don’t like dogs are holding back progress. Young dogs do act up, they need to mature and respond to training and command better as hey get older. Without taking them into the big wide world they are harder to train, they aren’t born being well behaved. This means they may sometimes and go sniff someone’s shoes, its not like they are murderers. In over 20 years of biking in very highly populated areas I’ve only ever met 2 aggressive dogs.

thehustler
    Free Member

Was one called snakebite?

iDave
    Free Member

Scruff, yeah sounds cool.

DezB
    Free Member

What happened? Did iDave get any advice for trail-dog training? Or just a load of whiners telling him what he should and shouldn’t do?
    iDave – my dog’s a well behaved trailhound, so if you want some tips off-forum email me. I really can’t be bothered to get involved with the rest of the twerps.

surfer
    Free Member

those who don’t like dogs are holding back progress.

So what are dogs running next to MTB’s being developed for ? They have a valuable role to play in lots of areas I just think its going a bit far to extend that to mountain biking.
    Dont know the location but I know they are a pain when I ride at Llandegla. I am a dog owner just dont feel the need to mix bikes and dogs. Running and dogs yes.

wwaswas

Running and dogs yes.

I’ve been knocked off my bike twice by dogs following runners.

The owners didn’t even notice – in both cases the dogs were sprinting to catch up having been left behind and came around blind corners straight into me.

scruff
    Free Member

So what are dogs running next to MTB’s being developed for ?

Exercise.

iDave
    Free Member

My dog’s running/biking activity is to develop his ability to howl inconsolably over my grave

TiRed

Auntie C_G
    (still wanting to be Auntie to a gundog)

Well, if you had come out to West Swinley woods yesterday, you would have met Merlot. My cocker spaniel had a lovely run through the not-so-muddy trails, and Son1 completed his first singletrack a la BMX. Merlot is now officially tired, always a pleasing sight.

Oh, and on other notes, I always pick up my dog poo, don’t let him out of sight and carry large numbers of tasty chews so he can a)come when called and b) know where we are by smell!. I had two left over for a couple of five year olds to feed him at the cafe afterwards.

If he was in the least bit agressive, I’d never let him off a lead – but he is a cocker… 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Trail dogness’ is closed to new replies.