Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • trail center near aberystwyth??
  • ton

is there one, if so what is it called and like?

please 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

yes,nant yr arian,its ok

ton

ta mate……. 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Also, Machynlleth, which isn't too far up the road and has some great riding! Nant is lovely, really swoopy goodness!

shaggmiester
    Free Member

alrite ton lov? 😉

ton

hello shag………….when you off to t'halps

geetee1972
    Free Member

Nant y Arian has more of a 'wilderness' feel to it, in parts it's covering bridle ways rather than man made trails so it's quite different to other trail centres.
    Mycuntlove is a more typical Welsh trail centre but the Climax trail has an amazing final decent and rumour has it that there are some 'aternative' ways down just after the wooden berm.

shaggmiester
    Free Member

2 week ton, can't wait! gotta get my knee sorted thou first, (braced) oh yeh dougy hurt himself lastnight 🙄

RobHilton
    Free Member

geetee1972: rumour has it that there are some 'aternative' ways down just after the wooden berm.

Really? Really, really? Can anyone substantiate these rumours?
    I know there's a fun steep track at the end, but have been blind to anything else.

Guess I could always stop and look around next time I'm there…

RobHilton
    Free Member

P.S.
    Nanty is top for a bit of XC

walla24
    Free Member

def. get to mach also!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Really? Really, really? Can anyone substantiate these rumours?

Yes – I was talking to someone the other night who was taken down it and was raving about how good (and steep) it was. He said it was literally just after the wooden berm but I couldn't tell you any more than that.

It's not legit mind. Locals stuff.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Interesting – I'll take a look around.

It's amazing what you can find if you do a bit of searching; this is very well hidden in another part of the Dyfi Forest:

EDIT
    Bollox! How do photos work on here then eh? I followed the distructions & everything!
    Never mind – it is good, but you'll just have to live without it 🙂

Shed
    Free Member

It appears it doesn't like Flickr. Looks fun though.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Photos are easy once you know how but it's amazing how many people have problems at first.

First you need to have the picture hosted somewhere. If it's a picture you've taken then something like Flickr is the best option.

Then once the picture is loaded up (or if it's an image that already sits on another website), just right click on your mouse and select 'Copy Image Location'.

All you need to do is paste that link into the text bar that is generated when you click on the 'IMG' button on the dialogue box when you're posting to the forum.

Hope that helps for future reference.

rOcKeTdOg

flickr works for me

this is some of nanty (from a while ago, lovely trails

RobHilton
    Free Member

Hmmm… No help whatsoever Gee man – (almost) exactly what I did. Copied & pasted the URL and no dice.

Any chance the size of the image is to blame?

rOcKeTdOg

don't use the url, use the .jpg address

RobHilton
    Free Member

Cheers RD, you're a genius!

Time to stop sitting around in my pants and go for a ride!

shaggmiester
    Free Member

shaggmiester
    Free Member

it dont work! help me get my pics on! 😥

RobHilton
    Free Member

The way I did it was to select Grab the HTML from the Share This drop down box and copy from the 2nd http to .jpg, then pasted this into the IMG dialogue box.

Hope that helps.

Bregante

love nant yr arian – apart from the legburner climb 😳

toab
    Free Member

Coed y Brenin is just up beyond Dolgelleu – when I was in Aber there busses with bike racks on the back that went right past it.

I think a lot of people say Coed Y Brenin is a bit tame though

shaggmiester
    Free Member

" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

shaggmiester
    Free Member

null

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

Leg Burner is alright really. If you've got a couple of people at a similar pace, it's an opportunity to have a bit of a gas/competition. I find it's a useful measure of my fitness at any given time.

Some of the quick boys are up there in 12 minutes now, and round the Conti in less than 1 hour 45 mins…

shaggmiester
    Free Member

" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

shaggmiester
    Free Member

i give up, did exactly what you said rob, grabbed the html box from my flickr pic and copyed it, did'nt give me the option to copy to the second htp, pasted to the img on this bar, and no pic!! how do you do it from pics in your library? someone help please!! 🙁

Tiger6791

Have you tried switching it off and on again! 🙂

shaggmiester
    Free Member

">P1010442

Tiger6791

you needed to pu this bit

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4057/4584350260_afa229823d.jpg

into the IMG box

shaggmiester
    Free Member

tiger, i dont think i know what im doing with it! 😕 but cheers anyway, i'll keep trying, it also does'nt give me the option of copying image location as geetee mentioned above, i'll get there eventually, cheers.

shaggmiester
    Free Member

shaggmiester
    Free Member

i click on copy, then go to the click on the img box but does'nt highlight paste, but if i click on copy shortcut then click on img it gives me the option to click on paste so i have but no pics!! 😕

geetee1972
    Free Member

Seems like Flickr has some FlashPlayer viewer thingy going on that prevents you from right clicking. I clicked on 'view all sizes' and was able to get the .jpg address from right clicking.

geetee1972
    Free Member

What kind of Orange is this; an Alpine?

shaggmiester
    Free Member

ok cheers geetee, i'll keep trying, no not an alpine, a five with totems on, bit of an experiment, but seriously rides well! thought it was'nt going to but was very surprised! 🙂

shaggmiester
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘trail center near aberystwyth??’ is closed to new replies.