Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • trail center near aberystwyth??
  • Tiger6791

doh!

shaggmiester
    Free Member

yeh doh! and still aint doing it! does'nt give me the option to paste so i'll just leave it, cheers anyway.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Dont give up! Try this.

Open your flickr photostream
    Select a picture so that you get a larger view of that picture
    Then click on the picture again – when I do this from your Flickr account it goes into a slightly different view mode, like a slide show. In the top right corner, you should see a 'View all Sizes' option, click this.
    Now the picture on screen should allow you to right click and give you a drop down menu (assuming you're using windows).
    Select 'Copy Image Location'
    Now go to singletrack world and in the post section, click IMG
    With the cursor blinking in the pop-up window, hit ctrl-v, this is the paste keyboard shortcut.
    That should then paste the picture location and allow you to post photographs.

shaggmiester
    Free Member

shaggmiester
    Free Member

RobHilton
    Free Member

Re: The Orange 5 – I've got a similar "experiment" going on with an 06 Enduro with CCDB & Domains. Domains limited to 160mm; are your totems reduced travel too?

I'd like to give it a bash with totems so the adjustability of the front is closer to the back (and they look fookin hardcore 🙂 ), but fear sticking longer than warranteed forks on.

If they are limited:
    1 How?
    2 Cost to do it?
    3 Are you just braver than me?

RobHilton
    Free Member

P.S.
    Am delighted to know someone's even more of a tard than I am at using this forum :mrgreen:

geetee1972
    Free Member

1 How?
    2 Cost to do it?
    3 Are you just braver than me?

How is easy – you send the Totem fork to TF Tuned and they then custom cut the internal damping rod to make it a 160mm fork rather than a 180mm fork.
    Cost is about £120 I believe and is irreversable.
    Looks like he is a brave chap as those Totems look to be 180mm, but I could be wrong.

shaggmiester
    Free Member

yeh im a retard 😆 cheers rob, i'll keep trying tho, can't understand it as the tried doing what geetee just said and even found the copy location clicked it, put in the img box , all the link came up in the box, thought this is it! then when i pressed post nothing came up! what! nevermind, the orange is actually a friends bike but the totems are 180's, with the ccdb aswell make it well hardcore! 😀

geetee1972
    Free Member

Shaggy you have my sympathies – it's **** frustrating when you can't get it to work.
    No idea what's going on for you. Are you overwriting/deleting the initial http:// that appears? If not that might be causing the problems.

RobHilton
    Free Member

£120! Good Lord.
    Might just stick with what I've got as I've invested/squandered enough on it already I reckon and I'm unlikely to find a set of Totems anywhere near as low as the price I paid for the Domains.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I sold my nearly new set for £300 last month Rob. Maybe you could find a set on eBay?

TBH the Fox 36s are as good and more versatile, being consdierably lighter. I'd only recommend the conversion if you didn't already have a 160mm fork but had a set of Totems.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Already got 36 talas forks for AM types rides – got the domains for uplift days.
    Am considering keeping them on for everything mind and just struggling on climbs 🙂

shaggmiester
    Free Member

geetee, did i buy them forks from you, not the pair thats on the five, i bought a pair about 3week ago on ebay for £300, 2009 coil pair mint condition, steerer tube was a bit small so i faced the headtube down a bit, havent ridden them yet cos i'v naft my knee ligement, but should be taken them to alps in 2 week! 8)

geetee1972
    Free Member

How funny if you did – winning bidder was Catrin5675. Is that you?

shaggmiester
    Free Member

oh no it wer'nt me then, i bought some black 2009 coil totems, immaculate! can't believe how cheap you can buy these now on ebay considering they cost nearly a grand.

ton

they are cheap cos they are shyte……………………get yourself a rigid 29r……….u soft shyte…….. 8)

shaggmiester
    Free Member

get yer sen to thalps wi us ton then,…. on yer rigid 29r…. show them totem boys how hardcore you are! 😆

ton

shag, you and dhd will be laid up crumped by the 2nd day……….. 😉

geetee1972
    Free Member

Hey Ton, stop hijacking our thread 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘trail center near aberystwyth??’ is closed to new replies.