Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Tracy Moseley has signed the Hub petition
  • laraichean

Here’s what she said, reckon it answers some of the weird negativity that’s on the current Hub thread.

Name: Tracy Moseley on Feb 3, 2011
    Comments: The Hub cafe and bike shop has been an integral part of putting
    Glentress on not only the UK map but also the worldwide map as a Mountain
    Bike destination. Emma and Tracy have dedicated so much time and hard work
    to this place that it does not seem at all right that thier passion for the
    sport and Glentress can be stopped just like it has been. As a professional
    mountain biker Glentress has provided me with an outstanding facility for
    training over the last 10 years. It has also been host to the whole GB squad
    on many occasions for training sessions. Without the support and
    encouragement of Emma and Tracy many of these opportunities would never have
    happened. Thay have also been influential on the next generation of young
    mountainbikers providing skills camps and training days for young riders,
    many who have already progressed to race nationally and internationally. If
    for nothing else for the future development of the sport of Mountain biking
    we need to support the Hub in keeping hold of their place to keep the
    enthusiasm, experience and passion for our sport at Glentress. Please
    support them…

IvanDobski
    Free Member

And in other news… “Turkey signs anti-xmas petition”.

Northwind

Don’t think anyone doubts their passion or their contribution to riding etc. Just whether or not their cafe is any good. TBH I think they’re in the wrong business.

BoardinBob

Yes, I was hoping for yet another new thread on this subject

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The Hub cafe and bike shop has been an integral part of putting
    Glentress on not only the UK map but also the worldwide map as a Mountain Bike destination.

I wonder how many riders from Vancouver or The Alps have heard of GT.
    Sorry but it may be the fact that I’ve only used the Hub once & found it mediocre to say the least. Or it could be sour grapes, no-one felt sorry for me or signed a petition when I lost my business! 😉

Drac

She’s friends with them and all she did was sign a petition, I don’t even know her but I have a shirt signed by her.

druidh
    Free Member

I have nothing constructive to say.

bellerophon
    Free Member

Thay have also been influential on the next generation of young
    mountainbikers providing skills camps and training days for young riders,
    many who have already progressed to race nationally and internationally.

Which they can, and I hope, continue to do.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

all I know is that she campaigned against for lycra for DH racing as it was not “rad” enough, even though they were faster….

fixed in the edit

woodywoodbine
    Free Member

OT for a sec but I think she campaigned for lycra being allowed (or at least campaigned against it being banned). It was Rachel Atherton who didn’t want lycra.

GW
    Free Member

You’ve got that one completely wrong ^^

<EDIT> too slow.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

fair cop

kimbers

all i know is she is the most winningest female DH rider this country has ever produced
    (and aware that without sponsors being happy she would never have got to go all them races)

i think tracy m’s focus on input into the sport and legacy etc sums up what tracy and emma did best
    im not sure that translates so well into spreadsheets & figures

ART

Er no – Tracy spoke out for lycra – cause it’s a race and you can go faster without all the flappy stuff. It was Ms Atheron that was in the ‘rad’ brigade. Pedant mode off 😉 too slow … 😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

Never been there, so has anyone got any pictures of the hub cafe so I can see what I will have missed.

GW
    Free Member

pretty much!

GEDA
    Free Member

Garry_Lager

Don’t think there’s much negativity to Emma and Tracy themselves – everyone who rides GT can see what they put into the sport and would want them to do well.

The negativity is more down to a couple of bad Teds posting about what a calamitous happening this all was, and how Glentress was going to be irretrievably ruined because the caf went out to tender. And haven’t things gone down hill since Pol Pot started running the FC; that sort of bollox that just invites ridicule.

Some arlarses on here have been riding GT before mountain bikes were invented, so calls to ‘man the barricades – the caf is changing hands!‘ have to expect some piss-taking.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Emma and Tracy have dedicated so much time and hard work to this place that it does not seem at all right that thier passion for the sport and Glentress can be stopped just like it has been

As I said in yesterday’s thread on the same issue, I don’t know Tracy and Emma and certainly don’t bear them any ill-will, but how do you equate losing the tender for the Hub with stopping their passion for the sport?

They’ve had many years to prepare for the moment when their lease on the present property ended, and I’d be horrified if, from a business point of view, they hadn’t made any contingency plans for what might happen if they didn’t win the tender for the Peel. If I’ve understood what’s been said correctly, then even now, they still have a year to work out “what next”.

At the same time, nobody’s presented any specific concerns about the tendering process, other than not being happy that their preferred candidate didn’t succeed.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Don’t think there’s much negativity to Emma and Tracy themselves – everyone who rides GT can see what they put into the sport and would want them to do well.

i’m not convinced that’s the case

MrSmith
    Free Member

awesome. potentially 10 pages of angst and hand wringing and maybe a flounce or 2.
    they should produce an interactive DVD of these threads and give it away free on the front cover of the daily mail (or possibly the express?)

legend
    Free Member

I couldn’t give a **** if Ban Kii Moon (sp?) signs the petition, if people want the hub just buy a cheap shed from B&Q and drink some tea in it

[/rant]

MrAgreeable

At the same time, nobody’s presented any specific concerns about the tendering process

Think Emma has already pointed out that their bid was based on current, realistic estimates of visitor numbers, not some optimistic projection of thousands of visitors each day.

Still though, let’s not let that get in the way of a good old-fashioned STW backlash. 🙄

fufu
    Free Member

Shed in the forest turning over around quarter a million a year on cake and nachos – can see their point. I’d want to hold onto that cash cow too.

bigjim

I really like the idea they propose of buying the land they are using just now and staying there as an alternative to the new Peel place. If the new place turns out like Coed y brenin’s cafe then I would definitely frequent the old Hub over it.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Tracy Moseley has signed the Hub petition’ is closed to new replies.