Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Tour of Britain – TV Coverage
  • LapSteel
    Free Member

Anyone know if its being shown anywhere?

It kicks off this weekend in Rochdale

foxyrider
    Free Member

Dunno – gonna go and see it on Wednesday as its just down the road from me 🙂

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Highlights packs on ITV4 7 til 8 IIRC. Dunno about any live coverage.

crazy-legs

A one-hour highlights show, 7pm – 8pm on ITV4 each evening after the race.

LapSteel
    Free Member

Ok cheers,

I'm gonna watch the ist stage as it goes up the 1st king of the mountains stage in Rossendale

I suppose 1 hour highlights is OK…at least its on…although the adverts really p**s me off on ITV4

Filthy
    Free Member

It looks a bit gash really compared to the tour de france, I've just had a look on the website and I can't seem to find a list of riders. Are any of the teams entering thier big names or is it just the also rans?

Also it's hardy a tour of britain more like a few short stages down the west of the country. Another lame effort by British Cycling!

TheTompy
    Free Member

Also it's hardy a tour of britain more like a few short stages down the west of the country. Another lame effort by British Cycling!

The race is owned and organised by a private company, Sweetspot, not BC.

They cannot just plot a route wherver they fancy, they need local councils that are willing to stage the race – and they need these towns/cities to be near enough each other so that there are not enormous transfers between stages which riders hate (they have failed at this in 2010). In these harsh economic times, this task is even more difficult.

There are a few big names appearing at the race and it is slowly building a decent reputation amongst the teams/riders. Get out there and support it!

bristolbiker
    Free Member

they need local councils that are willing to stage the race

It's not just that – they need cities/regions who are willing to put cold hard cash down to cover costs AND have a receptive police force. IIRC, all but the south-west stages run within a single 'area'.

llama

I like the ToB highlights show. OK its not the soap opera that is the TdF, but its still bikes on TV.

I wonder how I can justify a day off on Wednesday for a ride out to watch?

Filthy
    Free Member

I stand corrected on the british cycling thing then… I'll probably catch it on the interweb somewhere, don't watch the tv due to the barrage of adverts. I managed to get to Gateshead last year to see a stage finish, but the again my boy was racing in the junior support event so I had to be there.

Just a shame that cycling in this country doesn't have the support and backing that it gets in europe.

Filthy
    Free Member

Actually there's a few names in the start list… no Cavendish though but his mate Renshaw might get a few headbutts in so it could be interesting.

I reckon Wiggins will probably walk away with it.

crazy-legs

There are a few big names appearing at the race and it is slowly building a decent reputation amongst the teams/riders. Get out there and support it!

+1
    Endura, Rapha-Condor-Sharp, Team Sky, HTC-Columbia, Cervelo Test Team. Some big names in there – Geraint Thomas, Bradley Wiggins, Roger Hammond, Chris Newton.

Over the years since it was 'reborn', the Tour has increased it's UCI ranking, it's gone from being a 5-day race to 8-day and it's got a better selection of riders each year.

Route planning and getting the OK from councils/police etc takes up a huge amount of time and it's so easy in an increasingly risk-averse and cost-concious environment for authorities to just say no so credit to them for managing it year on year. Get out there and support it, show the local authorities that we DO want a Tour of Britain.

project
    Free Member
    flip
    Free Member

I'm going to near Stone Staffs by me to watch it Sunday 😉

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

it's coming through Colchester in essex on the 17th trying to get the day of work to go and watch should be ok 😀

br
    Free Member

I stand corrected on the british cycling thing then… I'll probably catch it on the interweb somewhere, don't watch the tv due to the barrage of adverts. I managed to get to Gateshead last year to see a stage finish, but the again my boy was racing in the junior support event so I had to be there.

Just a shame that cycling in this country doesn't have the support and backing that it gets in europe.

So you don't watch it 'cos of the adverts, and you wonder why cycling doesn't get the 'backing'…

Blackhound

Probably watch stage 2 at Ramshorn and then recover in Denstone cafe with courgette cake….

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

If you ca'nt stand the adverts just record it & fast forward when the adverts come on

finbar
    Free Member

I'm going to watch the KOM climb up to Hollinsclough Moor on Sunday, i'm really looking forward to it.

AlexSimon

Which is the best climb to go and watch on Sunday?
    Ramshorn
    Hollinsclough
    Gun Hill
    ?

finbar
    Free Member

Dunno, but i'm riding out and Hollinsclough is the closest.

headfirst
    Free Member

I'm off to Rochdale to have a mooch about with a mate before the start. I wonder if there's a 'caravan' like on the TdF…I won't get my hopes up…Actually I'm not quite sure what to expect there to be going on before the Grand Depart – hoping to maybe shake a few hands and get Wiggo's autograph, what are the chances of any freebies?? Dancing girls would be a bonus.

Then off to watch a climb or two.

marty
    Free Member

link to ITV4 coverage on the Endura Racing page here:
    http://www.enduraracing.com/Item.aspx?dept_id=5&item_id=130

fizzer
    Free Member

why no Scotland stages? how about a time trial on the A93 to Glenshee ski centre?

white101

see the other ToB thread, you'll probably find the answer is £

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Tour of Britain – TV Coverage’ is closed to new replies.