Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Tour de France TV Coverage
  • HB47

Yes I know the TdF is not an MTB event, but does anyone one know which TV companies are covering it this year

thehustler
    Free Member

eurosport has it all live, or so they are avertising

Merak

Eurosport every day, live.

HB47

Any chance either the BBC / ITV covering it

cove123

ITV4 highlights and some live racing???

Merak

Council telly-ITV4, offers hopeless coverage (highlights) throughout. Uncle Phil and Paul do the damage.

Haze

ITV4 have it

HB47

Watched some of the Giro on Eurosport and was really unimpressed – was hoping for smeone to do a decent daily highlights show. Problem seemed to be the commentators had no control over the pictures – just taking someone else's feeds

Surfr
    Free Member

It's live on itv4 this year 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

Problem seemed to be the commentators had no control over the pictures – just taking someone else's feeds

I don't think I've ever seen a live sports broadcast of any type where they do

Mikey65
    Free Member

Eurosport is the main broadcaster on this one…much better coverage than the other tours with all the major days covered pretty well…Eurosport depends on what other events are on at the same time so if any tour/race clashes with another major event then the coverage gets iffy….There is also the Eurosport player, which is available for a small monthly payment, which allows streaming to PC,s…always handy for work.

FuzzyWuzzy

Giro coverage was screwed up by the weather to and although full live coverage of a stage sounds appealing in reality I end up falling asleep after two hours and miss the best bits (+ any commentary sounds crap after a few hours with nothing happening). I just record it and watch it back at 6x and stop for crashes, mountains and the final 10km (although you usually have to record the next 2 programmes scheduled after it to get the final 10km with Eurosport…).

headfirst
    Free Member

FW: great minds think alike!! If I'm feeling brave I might even go up to 12x! 8)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Tour de France TV Coverage’ is closed to new replies.