• This topic has 97 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by igm.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • Tour de France stage 18 – Sallanches/Megève – Route Bernard Hinault
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

43 finished, Cummings 10th

mrblobby
    Free Member

Kiryienka on a normal road bike.

He won’t be going for the win though. Domestique duties so will be taking it (relatively) easy.

buckster
    Free Member

Not sure whose bike it is, but GCN just posed a pic of this option:

I imagine you could get a fair old lick on with that. I do wonder if a deep dish would be better that a disc but they’d know best I spose

mrblobby
    Free Member

I imagine you could get a fair old lick on with that. I do wonder if a deep dish would be better that a disc but they’d know best I spose

That Emonda is quite a bit under the weight limit so you could easily stick some tri bars and a disc wheel on there and come in under the limit. That lovely Lightweight disc is only 780g too.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Cancellara bombed it off, shame he’s not in paris for his TDF swan song guessing he’s riding in t’olympics eh?

jambalaya
    Free Member

84 riders done, 32’27” new leader. Mostly road bikes so far is what I have seen wheels with larger rims as you’d expect. 20kmph up 12% incline, as you do 😳

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not sure there’s much to be gleaned from the results so far given you don’t know who’s trying and who’s cruising. Edet, leading so far, small climbing type. Gallopin quickest up the climb, more of a rouleur type.

Edit.. Olivera now leading, normal road bike with no clip ons. Eddie BH rode a proper TT bike (so likely to have been trying quite hard) over a minute down.

Double edit… Sicard now top of the table, full TT bike.

Tripple edit… Coppel just smashed it with a road bike with tri bars.

lunge

Eddie BH rode a proper TT bike (so likely to have been trying quite hard)

Maybe, but it could also be good training for the Rio TT (I’m assuming he’s going).

jambalaya
    Free Member

Real mix of stuff now

Road bikes with/without tt rear wheel
    Road bars, road bars plus tt, full tt-bars (eg Dumolin)

GVA just started on normal looking road bike ..

Have not personally seen a full tt bike yet

dragon
    Free Member

Think I’d go aero road frame with deep section wheels front and back, and then clip on TT bars, with remote Di2 shifters.

lunge

Dutch eye candy, Tom Dumoulin has gone full TT set up. looking quick too.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Dumoulin smashes it. 41 seconds up on De Gendt.

Real mix of stuff now

Not surprised as for a lot of riders this’ll be pretty much a day off!

The Ulrika Bora Organ team, WTF is Kelly on about now 🙂

lunge

ITV just showed an image of Froome warming up, I think his position is a touch more upright than his usual TT position. I guess they could have brought the bars a touch closer to allow more power up the hills on the extensions.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I don’t think there’s any adjustability there for Froome as they’re one piece 3D printed to his exact fit. I guess it could be a completely different set.

This is Landa’s…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Do they warm up on “any old turbo” or is their bike less rear wheel

lunge

Bike change for Rodriguez, first I’ve seen.

I don’t think there’s any adjustability there for Froome as they’re one piece 3D printed to his exact fit. I guess it could be a completely different set.

This is Team Sky, you’d not rule it out.

They normally warm up on their race bikes, Sky use turbos that have the rear wheel removed.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Amused by Kelly again. Asked what Porte has to do today… “Go really fast… all the time… get a good time.” 😀

No aero helmet or rear disc for Porte? I’m surprised.

lunge

Porte on a normal bike with clip on’s, Yates on full TT bike, albeit with a shallow front wheel.

mrblobby
    Free Member

… and a road bike with clips but a disc wheel for Mollema (position does look good though.) It’s a right mixed bag.

lunge

Aru 2nd, Porte up by 9s on Dumoulin.

lunge

Froome, full on TT bike, with disk wheel. Such a mix of kit, you’d have thought there’d be some kind of consensus but it appears not at all.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Aru 2nd, Porte up by 9s on Dumoulin.

At the second time check… and at the first time check.

Be interesting to see if Porte can maintain that over the false flat. Reckon pacing on that first climb is critical.

Edit… Richie now down by 9 on Dumoulin at the 2nd checkpoint.

Edit again… Aru putting in a very solid ride.

lunge

Yates 40s down on Dumoulin, placed 7th at second check.

Notter
    Free Member

Nice run Richie!

lunge

I do love a TT, can you tell? It’s cycling for purists, just man and machine against the clock. It’s like the test cricket of the cycling world, most people prefer a 20/20 or a mountain top finish, not me.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yates looks to be gaining time on Mollema. Richie may well be up to 4th by the end of the day. Big jump to 3rd though. Looks like he’s now 1 second behind Bardet on GC.

aracer
    Free Member

Froome looks like his normal TT position to me – it’s certainly very close to that.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks like Nairo stays ahead of Bardet, who stays ahead of Porte. All pretty close now.

lunge

2nd quickest for Froome at 10km

aracer
    Free Member

all the gaps closing up from 2nd down by the looks of things

mrblobby
    Free Member

Froome now quickest at the 3rd intermediate, by some margin too (edit… 13 sec)

all the gaps closing up from 2nd down by the looks of things

Does look like it. Going to be about a minute covering 2nd to 6th by the looks of it.

lunge

16kmh, up a 7% hill, riding a TT bike, on the extensions. That is seriously impressive.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Honestly, get shot of the puncture who would be pushing Froome?

#ManCrush
    being honorably and not posting the me and Porte down pub pic (promised not until he retires) but come on Richie

mrblobby
    Free Member

Dumoulin looking concerned.

thegreatape
    Free Member

BBC is saying Froome is 3 minutes down. Is that pish?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yes, BBC talking shite.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Is that pish?

Yes, he just won the stage by 21 seconds.

whitestone
    Free Member

Yes, possibly a Tour computer glitch, the most he was down was 23secs at the first time check.

aracer
    Free Member

glitch in the matrix

MrSparkle

Bloody hell fire!!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Tour de France stage 18 – Sallanches/Megève – Route Bernard Hinault’ is closed to new replies.