• This topic has 97 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by igm.
Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Tour de France stage 18 – Sallanches/Megève – Route Bernard Hinault
  • lunge

Awesome ride from Froome, paced it perfectly. I wonder what Richie would have on a TT bike???

Top 10 on the stage:

mrblobby
    Free Member

By my back of a fag packet GC calculations…. 1-6 still all in the same order, but 2-6 have closed up dramatically with Mollema, Yates falling back, Quintana getting a bit closer, and Bardet and Porte moving a lot closer. Aru ahead of Valverde now too.

lunge

mrblobby, your calculations are correct.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Blimey, 1’08” covering 2 through to 6.

ads678

Quintana may as well go home!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Quintana may as well go home!

21 seconds from the podium.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and seriously money on Porte for 2nd, he will do it. Come on you tassie legend 🙂

ads678

Porte will move up to the podium and I think both Mollema and Yates look stronger than Quintana atm.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Porte will move up to the podium

Only 44 seconds from a podium. He’ll fancy that. Should make for a great couple of stages coming up.

Mollema and Yates look stronger than Quintana

I think so too despite them both losing time to him today.

aracer
    Free Member

The GC after that suggests they’ll all give up on trying to attack Froome (if they were capable of doing so before) and the rest of them will just be aiming for podium places – whether that means attacking each other or defending.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Froome bag a stage win tomorrow as everyone else marks each other.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Dominant from Froome. Mollema was gracious too in taking second.

Podium battle will be fascinating, I am hoping Yates can take second.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and some bloke turning out for his local mountain bike race with his mates

lunge

I think the closeness of the rest of the GC will worry Froome. It means people will need to attack, and attack hard, that means that Froome will have to keep his eyes open.

crazy-legs

Yes but it should make for a fascinating last few days. Froome just needs to stay out of trouble and defend, everyone else will have to come up with some sort of game plan as to where they think they can be on the podium, how they get there and the alliances they have to form to do it.

aracer
    Free Member

It’s not just the gap though, it’s that everybody knows that unless he has a really bad day he’s got the legs to cover anything. Nobody’s going to be doing a long range assault on the yellow jersey when the chances of success are low and they risk losing a podium place. The time people need to take to make the podium can be made on the final ascents where it’s easy enough for Froome to cover.

joat

I think Porte will be an honorary Sky member, he’s not got the legs to overhaul Froome but could work with him to get on the podium.

igm

I thought he was an honorary Sky member yesterday. Porte attacks, Froome lets him get a bit of distance, bridges across and then the pair put a bit of time into the rest of the GC.

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Tour de France stage 18 – Sallanches/Megève – Route Bernard Hinault’ is closed to new replies.