Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Touch screen on the new iphone 3GS
  • AB
    Free Member

Considering switching from Blackberry to the new Iphone 3GS. How do people find the touch screen on the Iphone is for typing lengthy emails?

GrahamS

I wouldn't want to type a novel on it, but it's perfectly fine for emails or short forum replies like this one 😉

clubber
    Free Member

Ditto and even medium length ones. I'm on mine now.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CountZero

When it's in landscape mode it's surprisingly easy to get used to typing pretty long emails or posts on here. Althought there's no tactile content to the buttons, the keypad is dead easy to use, certainly as easy as the slide-out qwerty pad on my old XDA Mini, and the spell checker is quite good, too. Those who've critisised it generally speaking have never actually used it properly, and it's a million miles better than the keypads on phones like N95's, for example. There are neat little tricks like on the ? key, if you press and hold you get ¿, and on & you get §, and " gets you « », for example. All my posting on here is done on my 3G, I never bother getting the Powerbook out, it's just too much hastle when I've got the phone in my pocket.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I'm ufung mine now it'd great I'm trinb my best to mdke it dpfll eying by hitting HHS keys rely quickly how have I find?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ahh…

nockmeister
    Free Member

LOL…brilliant!

CountZero

That made me laugh, anyway. 😆

brakes
    Free Member

yeah, fannyiron's post shows that ordinarily it's ok, but if you want to type quickly it can get a little messy

I don't like the spellchecker either as words that aren't in the dictionary are often replaced with ones that are, which I guess is the point, but not in all cases

brakes
    Free Member

yeah, fannyiron's post shows that ordinarily it's ok, but if you want to type quickly it can get a little messy

I don't like the spellchecker either as words that aren't in the dictionary are often replaced with ones that are, which I guess is the point, but it doesn't work in all cases

GrahamS

If you reject the suggestions then it "learns" your new words.
    This works pretty well most of the time, except if both words are legit and used with similar regularity (correcting "its" to "it's" being particularly annoying).

Wish it would do inline spellchecking too (ala Firefox or Word).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Touch screen on the new iphone 3GS’ is closed to new replies.