Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Torchwood
  • Harry_the_Spider

What do you think of the show so far?

I'm enjoying the new format and darker storyline.

Gwen is well fit too. 😉

Olly
    Free Member

freema agyeman.

HONK…. HONK!

shes makes me want to cry shes so yummy

aP
    Free Member

YANTOOOOO!!!!!!!

druidh
    Free Member

I know some of the cast have complained that it's only a 5-hour series but the format seems to be working very well as it's one 5-hour long plot – more akin to the Dr Who of old I guess. It also looks like they've spent as much on it as a full series, so each episode has been a bit more spectacular, better filmed.

druidh
    Free Member

Oh – and agree about Gwen too. Not your "traditional" looker either.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Mind-controlling gay space slugs will be released onto the set of Eastenders. One will attach itself to Phil Mitchell's spine, causing him to close down the garage and set up an interior design consultancy, which will really tit up their story arcs.

Fantastic!

montylikesbeer

Have to say its better than I thought, roll on tonight (or for the next six years on BBC3 and Dave et all)

thepurist

I'm waiting to see how they've built their 456's. What tyres for child eating space aliens?

Harry_the_Spider

I'm waiting to see how they've built their 456's. What tyres for child eating space aliens?

Ha. I was waiting for that! Something that will cope with mud, going off the amount of filth/bile/poo that keeps hitting the windows.

Blackhound

Quite enjoying it. not taking t too seriously or anything.

Wasn't going to bother after 'Tosh' was killed off in previous series but the previews were encouraging.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Really enjoying it despite never watching it before (or indeed modern Dr Who)

lol…what tyres for poisonous gases etc

Harry_the_Spider

Never seen modern Dr Who? What planet are you from?

If the aliens are 456s are all the indigenous Welsh Inbreds?

jond
    Free Member

>'Tosh' was killed off in previous series

Ah, thought as much…still have about the last 4 episodes of the last series to watch :0

From what I read Barrowman had said somewhere, he wasn't happy with it being shorter. I must admit it would be easier to completely miss it since it's only on for one week..not to mention it's a pain having 5 hrs worth of episodes clogging up the pvr in one go..

aP
    Free Member

Our PVR seems to be on and off all the time at the moment, what with TdF, Torchwood, Psychoville and Kingdom to record.

clubber
    Free Member

Ditto – good job it's got three tuners (V+ box)

igm

So what you're saying is that Torchwood has just been an On-One guerilla advertising scam all along?

I'm in

Harry_the_Spider

Yep… and "The Blue Pig" is Yanto's pet name for Little Jack 😉

juan
    Free Member

it's apparently quite popular on the other side of the pond, some references to it have been made in the new knight rider show.
    I have seen the first season and the beginning of season 2 but not much.
    I probably have way to much to catch up on now

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i'm loving it – though big torchwood fan anyway. just wish it was on a bit more often! i'm leaving work early to go home and watch last nights episode which i missed due to being out on the bike.

samuri
    Free Member

I tried watching it last night. Perhaps I needed to watch it from the start but starting about 20 minutes in I had no idea what was going on at all. It was all a little bit dr who too, not that that's a bad thing but I expected torchwood to be dr who for grownups.

druidh
    Free Member

samuri – Member

I tried watching it last night. Perhaps I needed to watch it from the start but starting about 20 minutes in I had no idea what was going on at all.

Try picking up a novel, start half way through, and tell us how you get on.

llama

I watched a bit last night and quite liked it. Better than the series format which seemed to consist of capn jack flouncing round cardif in a leded up range rover camping the aliens to death. Be much better if it was grittier / scarier / edgier imo as it is after the watershed and all that.

Wooliferkins
    Free Member

I'm still traumatised after Tuesdays episode with Jacks B'suit! Put me right off me tea!

GrahamS

If you need to catch up then may I refer you to The Doctor Who and Torchwood wiki which is more geeky than you could shake a mylar-wrapped first-edition X-men comic at.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I must say I am a die hard sci-fi fan but I think this show's budget is rock bottom low and IMHO is SH*&E – each to their own but Harkness is so camp and his actor (;) )over exposed on BBC TV now it just getting annoying. I hate to say this about a BBC sci-fi program but there – got it off my chest!

billybob
    Free Member

quite like it – BUT Captain Jack is annoying… Gwen is quite hot, BUT i've noticed she's got a bit of a gap tooth thing going on which cools her down abit….

& the thing that annoys me most is all the bloody love stuff… It's not eastenders, I couldn't care less if you're straight, gay, only like robots/aliens/mutated space monkeys from mars (delete as applicable) but please concentrate on the terror/sci fi aspect & try not to overact & make it more enjoyable for us people watching.

That said I still quite like it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

she's got a bit of a gap tooth thing going on which cools her down abit….

Not a reader of Chaucer, I assume?

Gat-tothed I was, and that bicam me weel;
    I hadde the prente of seinte venus seel.
    As help me god! I was a lusty oon,
    And faire, and riche, and yong, and wel bigon;
    And trewely, as myne housbondes tolde me,
    I hadde the beste quoniam myghte be.

Harry_the_Spider

Whatever. She'd still get it.

nuke

he thing that annoys me most is all the bloody love stuff… It's not eastenders, I couldn't care less if you're straight, gay, only like robots/aliens/mutated space monkeys from mars (delete as applicable) but please concentrate on the terror/sci fi aspect & try not to overact & make it more enjoyable for us people watching.

Agreed…don't understand why they felt the need to pad the script with the weak romance stuff.

Other than that, we're quite enjoying it and at least it guarantees an hour of watchable TV this week.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Wow! that was some episode.
    Glad I sent the kids to bed they wouldn't sleep for weeks.
    Still, best go check the league tables.

timber

that's not Scotland! Its Mynydd Illtyd with Pen Milan in the background

that was some bloody light they had up on the moor when they filmed it

DaveGr
    Free Member

Got interesting with the discussion about what to do about their demands – I could suggest quite a few kids and adults that would be ideal candidates to go – then it all went "Russell T Davies" at the end. The "Eastenders" influence is all a bit over the top. Could be more subtle.

CountZero

Gwen. Ooooooooo yesssssssssssss. There's a girl who looks good in jeans.
    Oh, and I'm enjoying the current format, too. I don't mind the relationship thing, it shows the characters as humans with lives outside the workplace, as well as in. Like Chuck, it stops the characters being just a sort of cypher.

GrahamS

Really enjoying it. No idea what you're bitchin about: "Eastenders" and romance? Eh?

Bloke is understandably a bit emotional and shaken by essentially causing the death of his long term friend, fellow "soldier" and lover.

That doesn't seem particularly over the top to me.

Perhaps he should have just muttered "Blast!" and stared into the middle distance. Would that have been "subtle" enough? 🙄

chewkw
    Free Member

Is 456 some sort of parasitic monster trying to suck the life out of the kids slowly?

No, Gwen is not hot … that spy secretary girl is.

😀

GrahamS

some sort of parasitic monster trying to suck the life out of the kids slowly?

Marmite
    Free Member

Are the episodes all on iplayer?

Keep hearing about it but not watched it, worth some time invested or not?

samuri
    Free Member

Try picking up a novel, start half way through, and tell us how you get on.

It's TV, if people are going to deviate from mindless entertainment and actually apply some strength to the storyline they could at least let us know beforehand.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

think its a shame they have killed off most of the main characters, but it was a good episode last night.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Torchwood’ is closed to new replies.