Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Top downhill routes in the UK?
  • rob2
    Free Member

The woods behind nationwide in Swindon

End of thread 😉

trailmonkey

don’t know if it’s 500m but Crug Mawr has to be up there.

Spin
    Free Member

Ben Macdui to the Hutchy hut

Bynack More

seosamh77
    Free Member

tinto is great, maybe not worth going right up to the top, but the bottom 2/3rds are great fun, suppose once you are there you might aswell, quite steep and loose though! Never had a decent view from it in 3 attempts mind and felt Like i’d nearly got blown off it once, so that possibly colours my opinion of the top bit!

nick1962
    Free Member

peterfile – Member

The Blue Pig in Midgehole (Hebden Bridge)
    Think the OP meant a full 500m drop in height….not sure anywhere in Calderdale fits his narrow criteria no matter how good the riding

peterfile
    Free Member

Think the OP meant a full 500m drop in height….not sure anywhere in Calderdale fits his narrow criteria no matter how good the riding

ahahahah ooops!

500m+ in height???!! 😯

i would have thought getting up there would make most of these “runs” a bit of of most peoples’ reach.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

swavis – Member

Descent to Annat in Torridon.

Descent to Achnashellach is better 😉

Descent to Annat from the side of Ben Damph is also a cracker. Carn Ban Mor, Morrone, that one into Glen Clova etc….all jolly good fun.

chriswilk
    Free Member

Carn Ban mor, Bynack mor, singletrack off Burma road – all in Cairngorms.
    Innerleithen from top of Minch moor
    Dollar Law to Peebles
    Mount keen
    Capel Month to clova

Many, many more in scoltand – just look at a map

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

what? man you need to go to the top! 😀

the first bit is loose shale/rocks that gets you up to mega speed sharpish, then take the left hand route over the grass as the shale turns to the right – that makes a big old difference. We used to go up loads and on a clear day/evening you can see for miles and miles.

i may have stayed at that wiston place with the bbs as well

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

i would LOVE if STW/Ragely organised a mini DH race there

its been done.

Some kid also tried to do it ‘properly’ by advertising a downhill race, using Barely Legal as the top section, down into the lower section of Blue Pig. Good idea – holding a DH race on a footpath! Council or whoever got wind and pulled the plug but there’d been a ‘practice day’ type thing up there anyway and royally fecked it up.

grum
    Free Member

Ben Lomond definitely – it’s amazing.

cookeaa

I got Given “Mountain biking in Europe” – ISBN: 978 1 906098 31 5

For Chrismas last year.

Its not too Disipline specific and has a fair few locations for you to consider, plus England, Wales and Scotland each have a separate section…

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Top downhill routes in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.