Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Top Bike for Top Burd … ?
  • HAGGIS01
    Free Member

ok … anyone give me the top 5 bikes suitable for female height 5'5'.

looking at full sus – ride a combination of cross country and specific downhill trails.

Price range £1k to £2k … cheaper the better for my bank balance …

as per other forum chat, was lookingat trek fuel ex. Reason was thinking of WSD was due a cheap deal … not so much I want a female specific bike, happy with the standard builds.

Already got a bloke's Scott FX full susp – well past it – nothing works anymore – could upgrade parts but just want a shiney (obv not for long) new bike ..

cheers

cinnamon_girl

Juliana?

steelytail
    Free Member

Orange Diva?

cinnamon_girl

If you get something burly for downhill, will it not be heavy for cross-country?

I of course strongly recommend having one bike for each different type of riding 😉

OK, I'm the same height as you and ride an old style Juliana. I believe the new ones can run with a 120mm fork. My lbs have a demo Juliana which would fit me and it's a small.

But obviously women and men come in all shapes and sizes, for example, my other bikes are all men's!

Another example, when I was looking at Scott road bikes, the men's and women's geometry was identical. The only difference was the short brake levers.

I would suggest asking the guys on here if you could try their bikes for size cos not all of them are tall.

Hope this helps but it's a nightmare!

Bunnyhop

Second juliana.

HAGGIS01
    Free Member

thanks

yes diiferent bikes for different days … absolutely
    my other bikes are all blokes as well.

Just a snifter at a half price bike got me all going … anyway I do have the Scott still to play with and aim to test over the autumn … miss out on the deals though ….

So guys … who's in north east scotland and willing to lend the bike … 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Top Bike for Top Burd … ?’ is closed to new replies.