Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Toothache
  • toby1

Seems to come and go started last night, slept ok, seems ok at the moment.

When it comes it’s a wave of pain that subsides shortly after, never had it before.

Options are seek out an emergency dentist, or wait it out till Monday and go to my regular dentist. Given that it’s new to me, what do you reckon will I live till Monday?

Klunk
    Free Member

pharmacists, buy clove oil, roll up a small piece of tissue dunk in oil (tweezers help here) put in mouth hold against the painful spot. repeat till pain eases. It tastes foul by the way but you get used to it and anything is better than pain 😉

tiggs121
    Free Member

You’ll know if you need an emergency dentist!

Good luck – its a horrible thing.

Jerm

Having just endured 6 weeks of it, emergency dentist is best if you can find one. Clove oil works but is disgusting. Ibuprofen was the best painkiller for me. You can also take paracetamol at the same time. Best of all is stuff called Oralgel from the chemist. It is a local anaesthetic and works surprisingly well.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

A single malt or similar held in the mouth around the tooth for long enough gives a small anaesthetic effect.
    Whether you swallow it or spit it out afterwards is your choice 😉

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

If it’s not ‘that’ bad, I wouldn’t worry about it until Monday – just get some painkillers in & eat on the other side of your mouth.

I had niggly toothache early in the year, which came & went, it got a lot worse in Feb – ended up in a wisdom tooth removal. Not fun.

jekkyl

can you afford to lose that tooth? if you go to an emergency dentist more often than not they’ll just look to remove it. It’s the quickest, simplest and cheapest form of pain removal and you will welcome it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Toothache’ is closed to new replies.