Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • too heavy for wheels…
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Afternoon….
    after deciding I was going to get the canyon nerve al 29er 9.9sl I started looking at the components in detail. Turns out that the mavic crossmax slr wheels have a maximum weight limit of 85kg. Ive not been 85kg in years! Anyone else riding crossmax slr’s and weighing around 95 kg?
    Cheers

Baznav
    Free Member

over 100kg here no problems.

zoo200
    Free Member

107kg here on Mavic xc717s super light wheels that are 4 years old now and still true!

daftvader
    Free Member

What kind of riding do you do? I’m at the more aggressive end of xc… not wheels in the air stuff, just like to hit things fairly hard and fast….

zoo200
    Free Member

these wheels have seen aston hill weekly and cwmcarn dh regularly however they are on my balls out hard tail thrasher at the mo so see fast XC/AM

good wheels, last

🙂

daftvader
    Free Member

How do you think they compare to the 29er slr’s tho?

zoo200
    Free Member

think mine are a 85kg limit, i think you’ll be fine as they are a good quality wheel and you aren’t that heavy really, I’m a right fatty

zoo200
    Free Member

my 29er has really crap wheels on it as its a £600 bike and they have been fine too

steve_b77
    Free Member

daftvader – Member
    What kind of riding do you do? I’m at the more aggressive end of xc… not wheels in the air stuff, just like to hit things fairly hard and fast….

Read, clumsy :mrgreen:

You “should” be fine, but don’t come moaning if/when you start breaking spoke for fun.

daftvader
    Free Member

Oi Steve ! I resemble that comment! 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘too heavy for wheels…’ is closed to new replies.