Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Tom Watson's resignation letter
  • allthepies
    Free Member

Rather different from the norm 😆

http://www.tom-watson.co.uk/2013/07/independence-day-resignation-letter-3

or at the following if Tom’s website ain’t working.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23186851

wwaswas

his website’s crashed.

been following him on twitter for a while and of all the politicians I’ve looked at he seems the most, errm, normal. Clearly he presents himself as he wants the world to see him but he does appear to have principles.

cranberry
    Free Member

Reading between the lines:

Dear Ed,

I’m dirty, have been caught and need to resign.

Yours,

Tom

binners

You have it in you to be an outstanding Labour Prime Minister.

The sarcasm has literally solidified into a physical slimy mass, and is actually dripping from that letter.

Superb!!! 😆

unklehomered
    Free Member

Is it sarcasm or some kind of political Stan’s fluid that seals around the cracks?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is it sarcasm or some kind of political Stan’s fluid that seals around the cracks?

Well, he does bear a slight resemblance to a well known tublesss tyre pumper upper, formerly of this parish….

footflaps

Seems like a storm in a tea cup to me…

martinhutch

There’s some karma there for his showboating at the Murdoch committee hearing.

What a load of tosh that resignation letter is.

Stoner
    Free Member

he seems the most, errm, normal

you on crack?!?? 🙂

‘orrible little dark back room dealer. IMO, obviously.

Cougar

That’s a blow, that is.

One of the good guys is Tom Watson, and one of the only ones with a clue about this new-fangled Internet malarky.

somouk
    Free Member

He’s a reasonably nice bloke, met him a couple of times. He’s had a lot of family issues due to his job I think so no wonder he wants to take a step back.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

What are the unions still doing being involved with and financing the ‘Labour’ party?

ninfan
    Free Member

Dear Ed, I’m dirty, have been caught and need to resign.
    Yours,
    Tom

In entirely unconnected news, Karie Murphy, Tom Watson’s office manager who also happens to have been Len McCluskey’s girlfriend, has been suspended from the Labour party…

MSP

What are the unions still doing being involved with and financing the ‘Labour’ party?

I am quite surprised as well, I thought they had sold their souls to the city of London. Thank god there is some worker representation still involved in politics.

Scapegoat

How disappointing, I was hoping for a watsontony update.

scotroutes

Turns out a few other local Labour Party folk had also been funding new memberships in order to get a shot at the nomination. I suspect that’s why we’re not seeing all the details being released.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m not sure there is much in the way of “worker representation” still involved in politics MSP. Isn’t that what Falkirk is all about – New Labour are happy to take the money but less keen to allow representation?

martinhutch

and one of the only ones with a clue about this new-fangled Internet malarky.

Indeed. No-one does social media smearing like Tommo.

ninfan
    Free Member

New Labour are happy to take the money but less keen to allow representation?

Hmm, you might want to ask David Miliband his opinion on that?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m not sure David Miliband’s opinion has particularly high value, so probably no thanks.

I would be interested in knowing how many Labour MPs could be reasonably described as providing “worker representation” though.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Tom Watson's resignation letter’ is closed to new replies.