Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Toe curling enduro marketing guff.
  • chiefgrooveguru

Hell, there was even someone touting enduro specific grips a while back (Ergon, IIRC. Started a thread about it a while ago)

Wasn’t this just Ergon finally realising that their grips are only suitable for XC mincing and calling the new ones ‘Enduro’ gave them a way to sell proper grips without admitting they’re wrong? 😉

Mackem

I choose to translate “Enduro” as mountain-biking at a non-race speed. Going up and going down. Like, what I do. (and I suspect most others on here do).

richmtb

I choose to translate “Enduro” as mountain-biking at a non-race speed. Going up and going down. Like, what I do. (and I suspect most others on here do).

You got it backwards. Enduro is normal mountain biking (eg riding a section of trail) done against the clock.

Because its done against the clock you couldn’t possibly stop to put your saddle up and down so you need a dropper, that’s step 1

Step 2, you need wider bars and a shorter stem, no one is sure why but its something to do with cockpits apparently.

Step 3, You need to throw away half you gears and only have a single chain ring, then find a way of keeping the chain on now that it falls off all the time.

Step 4, You need new tyres because the tyres you used to ride these bits of trail on are useless now that its an actual race. You need tyres with predictable grip and low rolling resistance, obviously.

Step 5. 650b, natch

Mackem

rich…

I have 720mm bars on a 70mm stem.
    I have a dropper post
    I use 1×10 with a thick/thin chainring.

😳

It is a hardtail with 26″ wheels though, and I cant be arsed to change tyres.

8)

noteeth
    Free Member

It won’t be an official movement until either Specialized or Cannondale try to patent the word ‘enduro’ and Rocky Mountain run spoof ads in response.

Anyway, as long as all this nonsense helps to increase the availability of unfashionable parts on the 2nd hand market, then I’m all for it – some of us are still running loooong stems & 25.4 mm bars. 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Toe curling enduro marketing guff.’ is closed to new replies.